anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Next upgrade  (Read 73511 times)

FFM

Re: Next upgrade
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 03:48:11 PM »
That is in the wish list. Just as curiosity, what kind of program you would like to trigger and for what reason? Maybe that could bring us some more ideas.

Sorry, I haven't been here for some time, because I returned my Radarbox for a firmware update.

The trigger should be able to start a program with command line arguments.
So I could send an eMail when the new Airbus is around or send an sms to my mobile phone for example. I do have these programs already. They just would have to be started by the AirNav Radarbox software based on specific filters.

marcdeklerk

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 07:03:19 AM »
hi there, how about the following additions:

1. add holding pattern creator, whereby a user can enter the position/select beacon and inbound track, specify if it is 1min or 1 1/2 min legs, left/right hand pattern and then add to onto the map?

2. Lat/Long converter converting degrees to decimal?

regards

Marc

Captain777

• B777-300 KQ
    • 777 Flight Deck Project
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 01:48:24 PM »
I'm a new user. I LOVE the RadarBox!

Have some suggestions - may be duplicates of those on this thread...but I'll go ahead anyway.

1. ACARS - Allow connection to other ACARS software (e.g. WACARS)
2. Add AIRPORTS to advanced filter menu (now just a/c, range altitude)
3. Add airport as a center point for range filter (e.g. filter all flights within 100nm of EGGL)
4. Allow selection of Interface buttons to manage space (i.e. I can remove the 'NETWORK' button, if I don't use it.)
5. Make toolbars moveable (now, they are fixed vertically. I have a wide screen, so would put them side by side)
6. Make buttons customizable (similar to #4, but use approach that MS EXCEL or WORD have to customize what buttons show, don't show)
7. Make photo window size variable (i.e. allow me to make it taller or shorter, depending on space needs for the log list of flights. Cuts off data now)
8. Show a data volume counter for those of us with b/w restrictions (KB sent, KB received)
9. Add link to liveatc.net for airports (i.e. click on EGGL and you can open up the liveatc.net link to the live ATC audio for that airport)
10. Right button - make it do something! (I see the 'i' bar that says 'click right mouse for more options', but hardly see any more options!)
11. When multiple map windows are open, Radar rings disappear randomly from one or other.
12. Add fast forward/rewind to the Data recorder options. Maybe just 'speed' button for 2x, 4x, 10x, etc.
13. Add quick keys for zooming map (e.g. '+' on number pad for zoom in, '-' for zoom out, etc)
14. Clean up the location of the 'Hardware connected' icon. Very oddly placed. Maybe in a drop down menu?
15. Add more condition options to the quick filter (now just <>, = and 'like'. Need 'contains', '>=', '<=', 'does not contain')
16. Is there a way to update the database for new airlines, routes, etc? (I click on 'Help', 'Check for updates' and nothing ever seems to happen.
17. Add 'contact RB user' so we can click on a networked flight and contact the RB station owner tracking that flight. May add even more sense of community.
18. Allow editing of drop down menus (Maps, Quick List Filters, Destination, origin, etc)
19. Add a 'route' overlay, and allow imported routes (e.g. NATS routes)
20. Allow editing of the Aircraft Tag box (e.g. add/remove a/c type, destination, route, speed, etc)

That's all I have for now. These are just my observations when starting to use the software - and looking for more intuitive features.

Thanks for reading!
Captain777

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 07:03:44 PM »
All copied. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Some of them on V1.4 but most on future versions. Keep the suggestion coming please.

walfisch

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 07:15:28 PM »
Back to track I am, since I became back my little box from the repair in portugal.
All functions do well and I can wait for a further patch ;-)
Thanks a lot to airnav team for best support in my case!!!

marcdeklerk

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
HI GUYS, not sure if it has been mentioned, but it would be nice to have a logger whereby all the flights gets logged in a file similar to Airnav Acars decoder. and a database logger whereby you can select which aircraft you want to add.. for instance I would like to view network traffic but dont want to log them.. I only want the aircraft I pick up to be logged in some sort of database.. looking forward regards
Marc

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 02:44:43 PM »
Hi Marcdeklerk,

A lot of those points you have mentioned are already in RadarBox 2007 or very similar types of functions. Send us as detail emailed if you want something very specfic.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

marcdeklerk

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 05:57:42 AM »
hi Airnav, thanks for reply, I meant if you could create a program similar to Acars Analyzer by David Tiggs, as I mentioned a while back. It would be very nice. David also informed me that is is working on a Radarbox Analyzer, but its going to take time. Maby Airnav can jump ahead and add such feature "build in" to V1.4?

The program logs all the received data into a "list" and gets sorted by Airline/received aircraft types/date/number of received messages/ect. and ofcourse a picture.

hopefully this clarify my previous post

thanks
Marc

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:10 AM »
That wil be in Version 1.4 as a SQL Database. :)

[email protected]

marcdeklerk

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 11:43:10 AM »
thanks!

marcdeklerk

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2007, 05:54:09 PM »
Airnav, Its almost Chritmas time, can you please tell us how V1.4 is coming along? I would like to help and test the Beta version? any chance..

thanks
Marc

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Hi Marc,

Its still in testing at the moment, its been passed out internally and to a few other customers. Once they are happy with it we may release a public beta.

Not too long we hope :)
[email protected]

walfisch

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2008, 05:45:41 PM »
In one of the next upgrade, please add the ground as google map, like seen in the live track program of zurich, switzerland in a other thread here. That would be great for the most part of the RB users. On the website of them you can see the email adress of the developers- I think they are so kindly to give you some answers ;-)
Lets be surprised.
Walter

marcdeklerk

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »
good idea!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »
Its too late of this upgrade at the moment (1.4) but it could be in others.

However to all addon developers it is not hard to do from our feed on port 7879 :)
[email protected]