AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Next upgrade  (Read 73508 times)

lennox26

Re: Next upgrade
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »
Just joined and my only request is a database from which data can be extracted for further use ie as either CSV or txt or even better a SQB database.
I have come via Acars and the ability to make Acars style logs would be good.
and a link to Airnav Suite or even better a DDE interface

FFM

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »
Is the "trigger a program" in addtion to send an eMail on the agenda for version 1.4?

This would be great. So someone could write his own interface (sms alter for example)...

Thanks,
FFM

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 06:08:36 PM »
That is in the wish list. Just as curiosity, what kind of program you would like to trigger and for what reason? Maybe that could bring us some more ideas.

b744

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 10:26:12 AM »
Just been away with my RB and SBS and compared the 2 with no internet connection. Basically they both pick up the same number of contacts even though not always the same ones but I have found this with 2 sbs next to each other. Aircraft plotted more readily on the SBS though and it keeps the data and plot until the timeout where the RB will not.This is a feature I think needs changing...keep plot and height data etc until the timeout.
I know the database is changing but dont know what features yet. SBS writes each new contact to the database and these can be populated later using the excellent GAS populate program or manually,where RB dosent write them to the database so I've had to note these down and add them all manually which is not a good feature...hope it changes.
You've already mentioned the changes that have been made but I would urge you to make the display interface more user changable such as choosing column width (HP-1234CMP dosent fit in the reg column) and as someone else mentioned, changing the order of the columns..great idea.
Please also include the option to use picture space for an expanded aircraft list.
I've mentioned before that SBS has an "interested " column which can be used to highlight an aircraft of interest and sort the list by it. If you did this and then used it with the alert function that would be a great feature.
The SBS database,at the moment ,towers above the RB in terms of user friendlyness. You can edit on screen, add data easly and see historical sessions all very nicely and I hope the new database copies this.
What I would still love to know is if I will be able to use my SBS SQL database,with modification/conversion with the new RB database. Thsi would move the RB above and beyond the SBS.
Overall, because of the SBS database and its contents, the SBS is still, for me the better tool but only a few new features and this all changes.At this point I have to add the contents of the database are down purely to the individual user and the work they put in to get it populated accurately. I really do hope this is the case because I think the RB has the potential to be the best product out there so please get it right.
Many thanks
ps Back from SoCal and the fires so best wishes to all the San Diego based Airnav staff
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:30:12 AM by b744 »

palmar

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »
Suggest to rename IAS to TAS and Heading to Track in the column headers as these are the proper and PROFESSIONAL sounding definitions of what is displayed. Just a minor issue, but to the pro it looks weird as it is.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 11:38:12 AM »
I agree with all that has been said. Just like to add that both systems will be side by side for some time (until the next product comes along!) so if the databases can be as interchangeable as possible, even via a handling agent, then that has got to be good for everyone.  It would save hits on the internet for updated aircraft data, flight data.

I even use photos obtained in RB for SBS1 and vice versa - it does save a lot of internet time and hassle!.

lennox26

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 01:54:30 PM »
I agree that the SBS database is FAR better than the Radarbox as I work away and can take a copy of the SBS SQL database and work on it to extract the information I want and make Acars style logs via a Qbasic programme

Current RadarBox database seems to be at the Mark 1 stage

What I would like to see ( eventually) is:-
1: SQL database
2: DDE interface to allow Radarbox to interact with Airnav decoder and other programmes as a local server as ACARSD can do

HH

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 08:39:30 AM »
What is the planned date of release of 1.4?

Markus

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 09:20:24 AM »
Should be in December if everything goes well.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 08:53:35 PM »
Hi HH,

Does this occur everytime, or is it on certain alerts. If find issues like this, can you replicate the issue and then send the details to us.

Thanks

Finally got to grips with alerts and I have a mixture of hex codes such as AE* and 50835 in the list and mine plays a trumpet when an aircraft in the list appears. I have not had to reload the list and it has been available each time I log on.  Just one point - it only accepts .wav files and AIrNav don't supply any and I doubt that they are the music/sound files of most peoples choice. Can we either have some .wave files supplied or allow use of other types? so that I can use some of those from my mobile.

Mike
p.s. first time a C17 Reach flight (AE* hex from list list) came on screen and the trumpet played it made my wife jump and she asked me to turn it off. She has no chance........
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:55:13 PM by Roadrunner »

marcdeklerk

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 04:59:20 PM »
Hi Airnav

its almost 2 weeks later, how is V1.4 coming along?

regards Marc
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 05:51:32 PM by marcdeklerk »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 05:01:17 PM »
Less than two actually :) Going well, still a few weeks of at the least so we cannot say too much. Once we have news it will be posted on the forum first.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 05:17:04 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

marcdeklerk

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 05:49:59 PM »
thanks

LiveATC

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 11:46:19 AM »
It would be a good program to bring the real radar system EUROCAT 2000
http://avsim.com/greece/hvacc/events/real_life_events/Athens_ACC.htm

flightchecker

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 05:50:53 PM »
Hello "Live ATC",

what a hell of phantastic inside information regarding REAL ATC. Will take me days to read through all of it and its accompaning links, that are of course a  matter of great interest as well.
Never seen something like that before, wish I had the equivalent here in germany, even part of it would do. DFS (Deutsche Flugsicherun) beeing the authority that takes care of ATC here.

GREAT ! thanks a lot !

Karl
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 05:53:06 PM by flightchecker »