AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Next upgrade  (Read 73672 times)

b744

Next upgrade
« on: October 21, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »
All very quiet from Airnav so working very hard I hope. Whats not been done is try and let us know what bugs you'll fix.
Can you confirm these will be included;
1/list sort order fixed
2/no more need to download pics...optional
3/option to use pic space to expand my flights list

and then a more robust and user friendly database.

Means I wont be very dissapointed..again...when a new version comes out

Rgds

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: Next upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »
We also need the current bugs that stop us from saving each days data into Mydata   sorted as well.

Mike

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 12:51:06 PM »
Hi all,

The latest version 1.3 has been a great success and we have had very little complaints. You were probably disappointed as you had been a beta tester of the other versions but  our vast majority of customers who went from version 1 to 1.3 were impressed by the new features we added etc..

The issues you mention will be rectified however 3) you mention might not be implemented as we have not had many issues with it so far. If more customers contact us about it then we will do that.

The update is a month away, as it gets closer we will have more news. Rest assured it is being worked on.

We are not quiet we are monitoring the forums as usual, the difference is now that most customers are very happy and we don't need to get involved :) So we are waiting for requests.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:01:37 PM »
Okay then here are a few little requests to add to list

1.  (Interface)  The ability to move columns left and right for display order.
2.  (MyLog)  Ability to either double click or right click to edit information.
3.  (RB windows) have each window expandable or even better to despatch from main program (similar to photoshop etc)

Just a few, main thing I'm waiting for is details on the new database structure and usability.
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:04:47 PM »
News from development: working hard as usual and the new MyLog feature looks great. Completely new database interface, much more fast and robust.

Application uses less 70 MBytes of RAM. We are taking our time as V1.3 is already extremely robust with almost no complaints so we have time to develop something outstanding.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 02:26:01 PM »
Excellent news Support,

I'm ready for some more sophisticated database tools now, as at present I don't have a record of what I've picked up due to the MyLog database not saving on shutdown.

The lack of sort order in the aircraft list is also driving me up the wall, click to sort by registration, scroll up and down - agggghhhhhhh!!!! the sort order has gone to pot again!

I know that the improvements will be worth waiting for, just work faster please :-)

All the best

Allocator

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 02:54:05 PM »
I know that the improvements will be worth waiting for, just work faster please :-)

Yes 24 hour working and no time off :-)

Regards

Mike

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 03:17:16 PM »
We are doing that, not 24 hour but 16! :-)

HH

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »
I would like to add these to the next-upgrade-wishlist:

* add "Squawk" to the Alerts entries (to be alerted by special squawks like 7700, 7600 etc.)

* option for list w/o any photos (but still downloading GAS and/or Airliners.net updates in the background, if possible)

* list sorting to stay and not to change when new a/c are added

* standalone .rbl-player

* editable NavAids database (VOR, NDB, Fix). Option to add user defined waypoints into this database

Thanks in advance,

Markus

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 07:01:38 AM »
Hi Markus

Most of that is done for V1.4. Keep the suggestions coming!

doro

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 06:57:04 PM »
Hi Markus

Most of that is done for V1.4. Keep the suggestions coming!

I'm ready for 1.4 :)

HH

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 06:21:48 AM »
Hi,

beside my wish-list I would be more satisfied if the program doesn't hang up anymore, when alerts window/ sound is activated. I much more like fixed bugs than new implementations...

Markus

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 08:40:19 AM »
Hi HH,

Does this occur everytime, or is it on certain alerts. If find issues like this, can you replicate the issue and then send the details to us.

Thanks
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

HH

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 08:49:57 AM »
Hi,

occurs often - unfortunately not replicable. I only activate the alert for "Registration" and the only entry is "D-E*". That's enough to hang up the program for most of the time. I had the same problems on antoher PC I used before.

Markus

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 08:50:46 AM »
Hi,

beside my wish-list I would be more satisfied if the program doesn't hang up anymore, when alerts window/ sound is activated. I much more like fixed bugs than new implementations...

Markus

Markus,

I have only seen this problem being reported by you and me!  I wonder if there are any others out there with this problem.

In an earlier post, I asked if you could record which aircraft are causing this problem so that you and I could try to pin this down.  I doesn't happen very often for me, but I do think that it happens when I have A38* and L188 in the aircraft type alert box - but it doesn't happen every time!

I've reported this as an error to support (AB) during my beta testing, but I just can't see a trend to allow it to be sorted.  It's very frustrating.

Because this happens so rarely for me, I haven't bothered to record all instances so I can't really give support an accurate description of why it might be happening.