anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V 2.10  (Read 66054 times)

f6gsg

• Electa L12
Re: V 2.10
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »
Airnav,

Thats wants to say that the released version does not have any bug ?

Generaly i prefer accept minor bug (not critical bug), and beta testers are not
here for critical bug !!!! i hope that critical bug are resolved.

Sorry, also delayed the date is not serious fo me, but it's
my opinion, i am only a customers who finally hopes have some functions
active in V2.10

seriously Charlie, i hope that V2.10 is a good things and wait is not a problem, only not
delayed the date each week.

F6GSG

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2009, 07:31:57 PM »
We will only released V2.10 Beta to the general public when no bugs are reported by the current beta testers. We are 24 hours to achieve this objective.

Regarding having or not bugs: there is absolutely no software without bugs. Even Windows XP SP3 has bugs. Software is programmed by humans and relies on many bases (other software like an operating system or hardware like a computers) to work well. If anything goes wrong with any of these factors then something will fail.

eggplant

« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »
Seems to me there is a growing number of members that have the patience to wait for a refined version - and I add my voice to the same effect.  Though I wouldn't have used the term "vultures" to refer to those whom are pressing for a release, my guess is they will be the same people that are the first to make negative criticism of the release when it does happen.

Well done to Airnav for your diplomatic measured responses to the posts. Perhaps it might be an idea to formally announce a 6 week delay - then surprise all by releasing it earlier ??

Practically speaking, whilst the new release is undoubtedly an exciting prospect, I really don't see why such desperation is apparent from some members. For me, my RB overall works well with the current version - although the previously well documented concerns are of course prevalent.   I logged the Avro Vulcan & Lancaster this weekend - and that is with the current version !!!
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2009, 09:27:26 PM »
The vulture comment I am 99% sure was not aimed at a people who are posting say please release it but more few people (competitor customers and others) who are don't like to see RadarBox succeed and hence thrive on anything wrong by us to make their day.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:35:11 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

eggplant

« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2009, 09:31:56 PM »
The vulture comment I am 99% sure was not aimed at a people who are posting say please release it but more few people (comeptitor customers and others) who are don't like to see RadarBox succeed and hence thrive on anything wrong by us to make their day.

Perhaps I misunderstood then, my apologies to all non-vulture members pressing for a release !
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2009, 09:55:17 PM »
We have the approval from 9 beta testers now. Only 1 remains with minor problems. We are working on them now. We will do our best to have V2.10 out this week.

The vulture comment I am 99% sure was not aimed at a people who are posting say please release it but more few people (competitor customers and others) who are don't like to see RadarBox succeed and hence thrive on anything wrong by us to make their day.

take your time, the vultures are waiting to SPOT the mistakes its the only way they can survive
from pat

That was also the way I had read Pat's comment - there's an awful lot of people out there (only a couple in here!) who will be just waiting the chance to slag AN off - I just wish the RB had as many pretty lights as the SBS............. real eye candy, anyone else notice in the Base Station feature request list, non conflicting script on screen is requested, I'm just glad I went the RB route.   Bring it on when it's ready AN.   As I've said several times before, you're just setting yourself up for a fall otherwise.   It all puts me in mind of kids, in December, or on a long journey, "Are we there yet?".
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:03:04 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Bethsalem

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2009, 10:28:53 PM »
Throwing in my tuppence worth, I'm more than happy to wait a while longer so that we can all enjoy a stable, critical bug free software release.

jmhayes

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »
For me, my RB overall works well with the current version
That's great.  Some of us have been waiting a long time for what we think are critical fixes, so perhaps you can excuse our enthusiasm.

radarspotter10

« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2009, 12:20:17 AM »

thanks for explaining that for me,
Care and application are necessary. ‥In truth, whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
from pat

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2009, 02:36:40 AM »
Topic locked. Check the official V3.00 thread at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2855.new#new