anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database inputs  (Read 4221 times)

b744

Database inputs
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:20:13 PM »
No idea what format the new db will take but I'd like to add a number of entries to the current format. Do I have to add each one manually or can a bulk entry be imported somehow.
I know GAS(very clever chaps) have a populate program for Basestation where by it will populate using either GAS data or the BSI file from the mode-s yahoo group. Could such a setup be tweaked for use wuth Radarbox ?
Just used mine away from home with no internet and my saved logs are full of blanks and as these have not been written to the db,they all have to be input manually....trying to find a less time consuming way.
Rgds

spotter70

Re: Database inputs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:09:50 PM »
Hello
The only you can get around that problem is by using a purpose built database software program .
I use one for my Sbs-1 and run a Snoopy program to collate the data into interested and update types .
The purpose built ones utillise the sqb file .
What i mean is say i entered a log from Paris CDG into my database program 400 entries mainly Air France . I would then run the Snoopy populate and update program of which then run the interested program .
The open up basestation so now that this is running all the Air France  that comes into scope would show as seen plus those that i didn`t see at the time would come up as interested which i have setup as 4 stars **** these show against the aircraft .This means that  when i am looking at basestation i do not have to log everything again because i would only have to concentrate on the ones with stars.
This all works in conjunction with a purpose built database made by a 3rd party company.
If you are going to log off your Radarbox you will need a 3rd party software Database to process the information.
Hope this is of use
Regards
Spotter70

b744

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 08:02:56 AM »
been in touch with GAS and as they dont know too much re the structure of the database they cant comment on the ability to use a populate type program.
They did however say Airnav were talking about using GAS to update or add entries to their central db. This cant have happened as much info  (American) is out of date as they keep re-using reg for different a/c and these are not upto date.
Question to Airnav. I know you use GAS through this pick 2 pics download routine but do you use the data to manage your central databank ??
Rgds

spotter70

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
This is where the Aircraft Database companies come they have dedicated people that monitor all the movements and updated Hex codes report on false ones that are being transmitted and by the way there are plenty.
I get email updates all day regarding changes to hex codes and flight movements something Gas cannot keep up with.
Gas is up to date to a point but is quickly out of date as things change so fast .
Regards
Spotter70