AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vulcan's up!  (Read 36361 times)

fatkat

Re: Vulcan's up!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »
many thanks ....

no not got it yet  nor is it in my log   

lambertw

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:20 PM »
Vulcan is up 40109F G-VCLN,at Waddington.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2009, 01:50:40 PM »
Just hope that he comes 30 miles north and I can pick him up :-)
15 Miles East of EGNJ

GlynH

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »
Vulcan's up!

Leaving Yeovilton in transit for RIAT Fairford I believe...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

Terry

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2009, 02:35:35 PM »
Hi Glyn,
           Its flying high if what we see is correct?

Regards Terry.

GlynH

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2009, 02:49:21 PM »
Hi Glyn,
           Its flying high if what we see is correct?

Regards Terry.

Highly unlikely...disinformation I expect ;^)

Still showing 38975 feet here but its parked up now...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

Bat 21

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 06:13:18 AM »
Anyone know if the Vulcan will ever come to the far north of Scotland?  Lossie/Kinloss?  PLEASE!!

Not the far North I am afraid Tarbat , but looks like she may well be displaying over East Fortune Sat 25th July.

"Confirmed for Airshow 2009*:
•Avro Vulcan (new!)
•Gnat Pair (new!)
•King Air (new!)
•Hawk (new!)
•Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Spitfire, Hurricane, Dakota)
•RAF Chinook
•Mustang
•Spitfire
•The Blades
•Team Guinot Wingwalkers
•Tigermoth
•Starduster
•Sea Hawk
•Bulldog & SE5a
•Swift Glider Combo
•Lynx Helo
•Pitts Special
•Hunter

Cheers Bat 21

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 02:18:29 PM »
Just picked up the Vulcan in MyFlights at 2500 ft but with no squawk showing

Allocator

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 02:31:31 PM »
I see from the XH558 Tweet that there is a flypast at Cosford today - that must be why I'm picking the Vulcan up.  Just too far away for a visual sighting :-(

Allocator

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 02:52:04 PM »
Tweet now says displaying at Fairford shortly.

Terry

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »
Hi there,
             Just got back from Fairford,GlynH and i enjoyed a superb view from the roadside of the XH-558 start up,taxi,take off then return after Cosford,display land,taxi in and park up,brilliant,thanks for taking me Glyn, really enjoyed it immensely buddy.(we`ll be inside tomorrow,so better views all round buddy).We both had goose bumps and a lump in our throats when she gracefully took to the air where she and other iconic a/c should be?

Regards Terry.

p.s the old girl can still shake the ground,superb sight to behold.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:10:44 PM by Terry »

GlynH

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2009, 04:38:37 PM »
Hey Terry,

No worries...I thought we'd better go and take a look Saturday while we had a chance just in case she went Tech or the cloudbase was too low on Sunday.

As it happened I needn't have worried - although there were many showers on Sunday, some heavy, she still managed to get airborne and strut her stuff.

I have to say that Martins display Saturday was fluid & smooth and you could sense and almost feel the respect with which he flew her.

On Sunday Kev seemed to be more agressive...sorry...bad choice of word...I meant dynamic and he appeared to 'put his foot down a bit' and push her harder that day which seemed to come through when watching his display.

Sort of a double edged-sword really...caught between trying to extend what years of flying she has left vs. showing her true potential and what she is really capable of?

Peronal opinion only you understand...:-)

Whichever way you look at it she was the only aircraft that day that received a standing ovation following her display and many of the visitors decided to leave after she had landed despite some great displays still scheduled like the Brietling Display Team, the extraordinary Red Arrows and an amazing Kiwi A757 being thrown around like a fighter!

It was this very 757 that I thought was an Airbus in trouble when it flew low over Banbury last Friday on its way to RIAT...:-/

The Vulcan Village was packed and she certainly draws the crowds in wherever she goes.

Such a pity no big-name sponsor has come forward what with the economic downturn etc.

Something special attached for those that might not have seen her live yet.

For those who have seen her you won't need any reminding but it gives me a chance to post one of my pictures anyway!

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:06:31 PM by GlynH »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »
Glyn, thanks for sharing a superb shot - not quite the conventional, but all the more enjoyable for it, I can feel the ground trembling!    9/10, I'm only jealous, cos I couldn't get there.    I saw the 4x RN Merlins arrive back at RNAS Culdrose (HMS Seahawk) yesterday afternoon.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:57:27 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

drskeptical

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2009, 07:03:39 AM »
Hi

I can only agree with you regarding the flight on Saturday. I was also at the show.

When the Vulcan started up and taxied to the runway every one at the show got to their feet! The whole crowd stood up, that in itself was an amazing sight.

I felt that the flight on Saturday was a gentle affair, the last time I saw the Vulcan fly I was using film in the camera, up at Barton nr Manchester.

I managed a few shots of her, but light was low I need a faster zoom lense. (May be next year)

http://www.amsnw.myzen.co.uk/Page6.html

Andy

GlynH

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2009, 07:58:25 AM »
Hi Andy,

Some nice photos you have there...almost impossible to get both of the synchro pair in focus though isn't it?

You done well to get them both in the viewfinder at the same time - did you crop the picture?

Take a look on YouTube for videos of the Vulcan displaying on Sunday - you will be in for a treat.

Excellent quality; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X98ZnZs-2ds

Great angle; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmRZqoEhPNA

On his climb away from the airfield he really went for it and when he turned out of the climb I really thought he was going to roll it - possibly the first time since Roly Falk performed a barrel roll on camera?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GfXQ2wCFU&feature=PlayList&p=4364D93B794E4F5E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=31

She is always awesome to watch but Sundays display with THAT take off in particular...so exciting to watch and I saw tears rolling down the cheeks of some people watching.

I even got emotional...they are not wrong when they talk of the 'Vulcan effect'

Take a look at my Flickr page as there are some aircraft shots here if you are interested;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glynh

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-