AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox reliability  (Read 5345 times)

wibelwobal

Radarbox reliability
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:57:29 AM »
Hi guys / Airnav,

Will shortly be purchasing what I thought would be the Radarbox receiver but have become a little alarmed after reading several reports of hardware failure, Saw filters etc. I note the % failure rate given by Airnav but when looking back over the SBS-1 forum, I have yet to find a single instance of SBS-1 failure. No mention of antenna static etc.
Any comments would be welcome.

Gazza

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Radarbox reliability
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:40 PM »
Hi Gazza,

The reports of the antenna static issues are rare and its a very low percentage which is below normal rates of returns for any electronical product. While we cannot comment on there rates of return we can say it will have returns as well.

The difference is this forum has Support and Development reading the posts and posting, listening to customers etc.. You will find that not apparent for them. We have been open with our rate of return most companies do not mention it.

Furthermore have a read of

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=606.0
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 02:18:10 PM »
There is a detailed comparison between RadarBox and our competition at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=606.0

Also the below leaflet which is distributed on many shops below clearly shows that RadarBox is quite a different product, especially in terms of software:

Why AirNav RadaBox - Leaflet

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »
Hi guys / Airnav,

Will shortly be purchasing what I thought would be the Radarbox receiver but have become a little alarmed after reading several reports of hardware failure, Saw filters etc. I note the % failure rate given by Airnav but when looking back over the SBS-1 forum, I have yet to find a single instance of SBS-1 failure. No mention of antenna static etc.
Any comments would be welcome.

Gazza

My SBS-1 will never fail - because I don't use it any more now as a RadarBox owner :-)

At the end of the day the choice is yours, but with the AirNav guarantee it's a no brainer.  The main reason I don't use my SBS-1 is that it really is a "bare bones" package (no pun intended!) and it doesn't do the things that I want it to.  One of the single biggest things that I missed when I last ran the SBS-1 (apart from the RadarBox Network of course) was the lack of an alert function and the MyLog and filter functions.

I don't just want to watch the aircraft moving around the screen, I need all the tools that RadarBox provides.

flightchecker

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 05:23:55 PM »
My SBS-1 will never fail - because I don't use it any more now as a RadarBox owner :-)

"Philosophy at its finest". like it, Allocator! Do you think it could work in reverse either?
Might be "the" alternative for a couple of AirNav users, that had to send their units for repair up to 3 times. (you've followed recent postings have you?)  ;-)

Karl
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:29:25 PM by flight checker »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »
Maybe you are referring to 3 to 5 users in 3500 because of specific conditions.
Karl: could you send us your details comments on the capabilities of Basestation software vs RadarBox 2009?

Please don't create an A vs B war here so be very specific in comparing software features and updates.

flightchecker

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »
Forget, and don't take too serious! Won't compare software features either. No war !!!
Just talking to allocator about his "Philosophy".

Karl

Allocator

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »
Karl,

Some people do say that I see the world in a strange way - lol

However, I am generally a glass half-full type of chap!

Regards

Allocator
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:52:43 PM by Allocator »

flightchecker

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 05:49:04 PM »
We'll stay friends Allocator, will we ??? (at least I hope) ;-)

Karl

Allocator

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
Of course Karl, all a bit of fun!

I've just re-read my previous post - I meant to say "Some people......." and not "So people ......"

Just leaving off the two letters So"me" changed the meaning of what I said - aghhhhh!  It's very easy to appear to say the wrong thing!

flightchecker

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 06:02:08 PM »
Got it Allocator ! thanks.

Cheers
Karl
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:36:03 AM by flight checker »