anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: News from Development - Network Growing  (Read 7368 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
News from Development - Network Growing
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:34:20 PM »
Hello all

Some great news from the development team: as the number of RadarBox users continue to increase daily our network is growing each day. We have now an average 40 feeding units from all over the world (Taiwan is a new addition - expect one unit to work 24/7 in the Azores to cover part of Atlantic soon). So in the 3 to 6 months at the current growth rate we will have up to 200 feeding units permanently. This is great news for those Network fans out there.

Also we are very happy with V1.3 release: no more major problems reported. This version , new firmware version and new drivers are being shipped on all boxes sent since last week. 90% of the users now are now using V1.3.

Anyway work doesn't stop at AirNav Systems: we are working on a totally new database management system that will allow users to use aircraft and mylog dbs in a much easier way. We are working hard on this but we cannot yet guarantee a release date.

In the meanwhile KEEP YOUR SUGGESTIONS COMING! We want to continue to improve AirNav RadarBox and implement all those features you are looking for. Email our support or post your suggestions on the forum.

Tks again for all your interest in this new system.

All the best from the Development Team!

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: News from Development - Network Growing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 07:30:50 PM »
Hello all

Also we are very happy with V1.3 release: no more major problems reported. This version , new firmware version and new drivers are being shipped on all boxes sent since last week. 90% of the users now are now using V1.3.

It is great that V1.3 is generally available but I was hoping that an immediate change would be made so that my Radar Box saves all the new entries rather than deleting them when I switch off.  Can we not have that put right as a priority, along with the ability to select only one picture and to use GAS and not have to wait for months for the new database. I can not make much use of Radar Box for my hobby unless I can save all contacts made by it.

Regards Mike

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:29:37 AM »
We have now an average 40 feeding units from all over the world

That's almost as many that are now sharing on the Planeplotter network - http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9543/WWWR/ships/sharelist.html?dir=PP&typ=hyb&siz=2&lat=20&lon=-90

Of course, Planeplotter lets owners of both the SBS-1 and Radarbox to share on a single network, so has a much bigger potential user base.

It's such a shame that we have two networks - Radarbox and Planeplotter.  Couldn't Airnav talk to Bev at COAA (Planeplotter) about combining the two network services?  After all, once the first free year is up, who's going to pay to use the AirNav network when the Planeplotter network is free?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:31:04 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:53:21 AM »
AirNav is in contact with Bev of Planeplotter :-)

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »
Pulling data both ways would be a real plus :)
Cornwall, UK

doro

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
"That's almost as many that are now sharing on the Planeplotter network"

Very impressive, Doro ATCbox.com.