anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another poorly Radarbox  (Read 14135 times)

Peter

Re: Another poorly Radarbox
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 11:50:30 AM »
I've got 00424 which is bad news! Better start finding the packaging with the thunderstorm season upon us!

Peter

radarspotter10

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 01:44:03 PM »
Klaus,

We have done that, but like any product your gonna get some fail. Thats normal.

Good job you don't make aeroplanes  ;)

if i sold 3000 tv and only two where faulty i would be pleased.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 02:25:37 PM »
Yes, but if I made 3000 aircraft and two crashed, I would not be popular
15 Miles East of EGNJ

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 02:30:28 PM »
>Yes, but if I made 3000 aircraft and two crashed, I would not be popular

The crash stats for nowadays commercial jet aircraft is much worse than that so Boeing and Airbus wouldn't be popular at all.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 02:33:02 PM »
Just goes to show what a good product we have in the RB. As you have said before 100% achievement is not possible. Good customer service is though, and I don't think many can complain there from yourselves 
15 Miles East of EGNJ

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 02:52:34 PM »
Tks Malc. As usually we are on the side of our customers always playing a transparent game and growing based on the product success.

The good news is that: V2.10 is just a few days to be available on our site for download as a final beta. 2 minor problem still to be corrected.

radarspotter10

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »
Just goes to show what a good product we have in the RB. As you have said before 100% achievement is not possible. Good customer service is though, and I don't think many can complain there from yourselves 
totally agree love airnav good product,  may i suggest malc41 forget about making them aircraft.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »
What aircraft?. see forgot already :-)
15 Miles East of EGNJ

carp777

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 03:10:26 PM »
does not make me feel any better at the moment quoteing all these figures. just sent my box back for second time in 3 months and nothing to do. With the update out any day. hope the box is back soon

Bryn

BOM1

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »
This is quite depressing news, I have box number 01547.  With the monsoon and it's associated daily thunder storm activity due any day, I'm looking at a 4 month shut down to avoid any problems. Not good but at least I'm now aware of it.

Steve

flightchecker

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 07:40:54 AM »
This is quite depressing news, I have box number 01547.  With the monsoon and it's associated daily thunder storm activity due any day, I'm looking at a 4 month shut down to avoid any problems. Not good but at least I'm now aware of it.
Steve
I've got 00424 which is bad news! Better start finding the packaging with the thunderstorm season upon us!

Peter

Don't worry about too much, Steve & Peter. Does not mean, that your RBs necessarily suffer problems if You've taken precautional measures.
Are You running an external antenna, and if Yes, is it what one calles "DC grounded", is its mast grounded to a "home earth"?
If running the default antenna inside, there's even less to worry about. Any chance then to ground its outer coax connector to a heater- / plumbing earth?

Karl
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:48:12 AM by flight checker »

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 07:47:32 AM »
Don't worry about too much, Steve. Does not mean, that your RB necessarily suffers problems if You've taken precautional measures.
Are You running an external antenna, and if Yes, is it what one calles "DC grounded", is its mast grounded to a "home earth"?
If running the default antenna inside, there's even less to worry about. Any chance to ground its outer coax connector to a heater- / plumbing earth?

Karl

For goodness sake DO NOT earth your antenna to a heater/plumbing earth point. You will pick up all sorts of interference.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

flightchecker

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 07:56:44 AM »
For goodness sake DO NOT earth your antenna to a heater/plumbing earth point. You will pick up all sorts of interference

Not necessarily either, Tom, depends on Your "local realities". I'm doing since more than 2
years without suffering what you're mentioning. Would give it a try at least, better than nothing.
The pluming, heating system of course should not consist of "plastic tubing". Forgot to say, but expected to be self - evident.

Karl

Edited:
Forgot to say that of course “grounding” should NOT be accomplished by means of the mains “neutral or protection lines”. That is DANGEROUS as HI TENSION is associated with. And
yes!: in this case interferences have to be expected, especially if living in a, or close to industrial areas, where “rapid load changes” (spikes resulting) on mains supplies will be even noticed  in their vicinity, thus even influencing the “neutral and protection”  as mentioned above.

K

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:42:39 AM by flight checker »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 08:01:06 AM »
It is important to state that this problem is very specific, happening only to less than 0.8% of our users. No no reason to be afraid at all.

aps

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 08:49:44 PM »
As a copy/paste of what we have previously stated on another thread:

"
Maintaining our way of being totally transparent to our users (you will not find any company doing this nowadays) and from our statistic report:

Serial Numbers:
000001 to 01750: 37 units returned and repaired on a total of 1750 (2.1% of the units). Units over S/N 101500 are protected against static.

10001 to 15000: 2 units returned on a total of 3000 sold. (0.07% return rate).
"

All details on the thread below:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2675.0

Dooh ... mine is 10554 ! and its deaded , Support are aware of my issues ... just need to raise a ticket .
Tony