AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Detailed MAPs for Europe  (Read 4652 times)

Aeroscan

• Aeroscan
Detailed MAPs for Europe
« on: June 06, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »
Dear all RB users and AirNav Support team,

Our company Aeroscan is now working on the detailed map of the Ukraine for RB which will include big and small cities, urban settlements, all airports (not only International), major roads, accurate boundaries etc.

Taking the opportunity I would like to inform you all also that Ukraine together with Poland is going to receive EURO 2012 football cup and we need your support, especially AirNav team in issues described below.

The first test version of this map is going to be released soon and it comes out pretty nice enough.

But there some important shades on the way we’d like to here from you gentlemen:

1. Dear all,

As satellite maps only could be downloaded in *.jpg format we cannot make several layers as in GPS maps or Google maps, just one so it makes difficult to find the optimum and well readable map.

If anybody has already tried to make something similar please share your experience with us on this field.

2. Dear AirNav Support team,
Why it is possible to open only ONE map but not many?
I mean if we are going to make some maps for Ukraine and Poland we can’t open them together.
IT IS NOT RIGTH AND INCORRECT.
Please, you have to make changes urgently.

3. Dear AirNav Support team,
Current country boundaries in RB are incorrect a little, we need your advice about the way how we can make changes to them.

4. Dear AirNav Support team,
Current navigation data (Airport, VOR, NDB etc) in RB need to be changed at least every quarter. Please, think about that, users must have the possibility to receive these updates from you or the possibility to make these changes by themselves.

5. Dear AirNav Support team,
I would suggest you to add radio frequencies in RB SW for all airports including TWR, APP, RAD, ATIS, AFIS, A/G, GND, CLR.
These information is really useful and necessary, as for our purposes – it is indispensable to life.

6. Dear AirNav Support team,
I would suggest you to make the USERS EDITOR program in addition to RB SW as an example for Football Manager games so everyone could make changes to the MAP and AIRAC database.

Thank you and waiting for your replies, discussions, advices, suggestions and support …

Vladimir
Aeroscan
[email protected]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:49:07 PM by Aeroscan »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Detailed satellite map of Europe
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:50:36 PM »
1. All satellite maps could be loaded to RB only in *.jpg format with *.stl configuration file that includes 4 parameters, as we suspect X, Y, X-scale, Y-scale.
Our team has made approximate calculations for compliance between these parameters and real Longitude and Latitude coordinates for Mercator projection.

See explanation and spreadsheet at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1376.msg10356#msg10356
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:59:47 PM by tarbat »

jgrloit

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:10:19 PM »
For the aircraft database - this resides in the aircraft table and should be updated via the database explorer.
You could make the data available to ALL by submitting the data to GAS for inclusion in their database - which is searched by the Airnav servers for unknown Mode-S Id's.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Aeroscan

• Aeroscan
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
Thank you Tarbat and jgrloit.
Roger that.
Regards

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Detailed MAPs for Europe
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 09:15:52 PM »
Sorry for the late reply:

1.) Sorry no layers at the moment, we will look into this
2.) Not sure what you mean, you can open two maps.
3.) These can't be changed, the more accurate you make them the more pressure it places on the CPU and RAM.
4.) This will be updated in next version.
5 & 6.) We will look into this.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Aeroscan

• Aeroscan
Re: Detailed MAPs for Europe
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 10:19:41 AM »
Thank you.
I very hope you're gonna make it soon.
I think that Ukraine is very perspective market for RB.
Before our company will start the selling process in the Ukraine we need to know all the aspects of its operation and possibilities, plus we plan to add detailed maps of Ukraine and Poland.
I hope for your support on this way, because due to some features of our people mentality potential customers will ask me not you how this product properly works ;-)
So we want to be ready to answer for all their questions.