AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another poorly Radarbox  (Read 14134 times)

BOM1

Re: Another poorly Radarbox
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 03:32:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice and reassurance guys.  I've been using the supplied antenna outside on my balcony (13th floor) during the good weather but have now brought it in as a precaution.  To be fair, my previous box, which met it's demise after falling from a window ledge, survived last years monsoon with the aerial outside throughout.

Steve

flightchecker

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »
I've been using the supplied antenna outside on my balcony (13th floor) during the good weather but have now brought it in as a precaution. 

It won"t look like a beauty anymore Steve, but why not put the antenna in a plastic bag, let the coax run out of the bag with some sealing tape wrapped around it, thus making the antenna almost weatherproof.
If you could "afford" a lucid bag, you might even throw a glance on it's "precious" content  from time to time if desired.
I'm joking, but to be honest of course: not a too bad idea to beware the default antenna of harsh weather.

Karl
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 04:37:12 PM by flight checker »

Fenris

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:49 AM »

Serial Numbers:
000001 to 01750: 37 units returned and repaired on a total of 1750 (2.1% of the units). Units over S/N 101500 are protected against static.

10001 to 15000: 2 units returned on a total of 3000 sold. (0.07% return rate).
"

A quick question for you. If a box in the pre-S/N101500 range is returned because of a static-related failure, is it repaired to the new standard?

Sorry, been out of RB loop for a while and have not had a chance to catch up the other threads.

snowman

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »
This may be a silly question but only having had my radarbox for about a week (s/n 10954) how can you tell if it's not working properly

bratters

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »
It's a bit like eyesight - how do you know if you can see as well as others?

It all depends on location but I would say taking my worst direction from a bedroom window, I would want over 30 miles. Best direction - sky is the limit.
If you're down to less than 10 you maybe need a check out.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 01:07:36 PM »
Pleas read below:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2759.0

We are locking some of these topics now as its been discussed a lot and we have FAQ for it now and also certain customers keep coming up with silly theories even after we have answered them.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]