AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Polar diagram  (Read 7392 times)

ChrisGR

Polar diagram
« on: October 13, 2007, 09:59:23 AM »
Like other RB users I have the curiosity for my RB reception distance. The polar diagram shows something unreal. I make a few clears and resets for polar diagram. The strange line appears again and again in times when I’m not in my house.
Here is the polar.

As you see the South range is impossible for my reception.
I decide to find how this happened. And viola!! Two flights make this. One is OAL 903 LGTS to LGAV. I check the times of arrivals and departures of this flights. It’s a 250nm far from the true flight path. Second is OAL 328 HEAX to LGAV 200nm out of flight path. 

and this

Bug or….?
Any suggestion for this?
Thank you
Chris

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: Polar diagram
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:54:36 AM »
There may be a slight bug with the polar diagrams. On all mine I get one line extending from the home location and I cant seem to get rid of it. See attached picture.

I believe this has been advised to AirNav as a bug in the past.

Mike D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:56:42 AM »
Further to mine. I will leave it to you to guess which direction I have a clear view towards and which are on the blind side :-(

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 11:57:51 AM »
Hi flyhigh,

Not sure what you mean, are you saying the polar diagram to the south is wrong?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

ChrisGR

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 01:03:54 PM »
Yes is totally wrong. Because this flights are not in correct path and for some unknown reason showed on map in wrong place. For example: A today captured map:

This flight (on bottom) OA160 is coming from LOWW to LGAV (Vienna to Athens). As you see he have no reason to point his track there on south of Cretan Island. He must to  approach from north. From central Europe not from Lybia. :-)
This happened a few times per day and makes the polar diagram to show unreal south reception coverage.   

The screen shot is taken at 20071014 1150 UTC. This is the last sign of this plane on the map. 15min later this plane landing in LGAV 250nm abt north of this point. No other sign on map at this 15min. It’s a possible this plane (EC-IOR and EC-KHI on my previous post) to transmit wrong coordinates?

Chris

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »
Ok I understand, yes it will be down to the aircraft transmitting wrong data. Viewing the network we do sometimes see aircraft being picked up which are sending wrong coordinates ending up in Africa when there real position is in Europe.

Hopefully with aircraft maintenance it will be fixed however due to the fact ADS-B is not used by ATC its maintenance would not be priority.
[email protected]

ChrisGR

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 01:26:17 PM »
I want my polar diagram back and correct Mr Olympic Flights.

Thank you RB Support :-)
Chris

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »
Just to add to combat errors in positions the polar diagram will ignore positions further than 270nm from your home position.
[email protected]

davis

• RANGE
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 07:16:38 PM »
I confirm Many Aaircraft transmitting wrong data. In ALGHERO -Sardinya , AIRONE ,  landing  1.7 Nm left of the ranway . Ryanair  is Perfectly aligned.