anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why does the screen "jump" from one aircraft to another?  (Read 4348 times)

alley cat

Why does the screen "jump" from one aircraft to another?
« on: May 25, 2009, 07:58:44 AM »
I was using the unit online and was looking at some local flights.  Not much happening, so I went to the network flights and watched some.

I saw some local flights came "available" so I went to see them.  I selected one and the screen centred on it and all was ok.

Then, suddenly, it jumped back to the network flight.

I had to go back to local flights and re-select the flight.

What's going on?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Why does the screen "jump" from one aircraft to another?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 08:09:03 AM »
Try deselecting the "Pan Map With Active Flight" button in the toolbar.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:09:29 AM »
Hi Alley Cat,

Just to check what you are doing here - when you said that you went to the Network flights, do you mean that you clicked the Network tab to see the Network flight list?  Then you say that you selected a Network flight, how did you do this, by double clicking on the aircraft in the aircraft list?  You then did the same with a local flight by double clicking on it in the MyFlights list?

Did you have the "Pan Map with Active Flight" button selected on the menu bar at the top?

Also, how far apart were the live flight and the Network flight - were they on the same map, or was the Network flight on the other side of the world?  I ask this as you can select a flight by moving the mouse over ot on the map and if you have "Pan Map ...." button selected, this will cause the map to jump to centre the newly slected aircraft.

alley cat

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 08:17:29 AM »
Allocator,

Yes, I clicked on the network flights and saw the list.  Found a plane with the globe and clicked on it.

The map jumped to the plane's location.  (Usually the other side of the world.)

Yes, I may have had the "pan map with active flight", but ......

If that is true,

Ok, I am on the "network flight" and have selected it (double clicked on the globe in the flight list causing the map to centre on that flight).

I then click on "local flights" tab and see the local flights.

I double click on that - and so isn't that the selected flight - and the map jumps to that flight.

So, how is it that if I have "Pan map on selected flight", the local flight is now the selected flight.

So why would it be jumping to the other networked flight now/still?

(I'm only asking.)

Allocator

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 08:28:01 AM »
Alley Cat,

If you single click on an aircraft in the Network list, the map will not jump to that aircraft unless you double click on it.

If you select an aircraft then click the "Pan Map with aircraft" button, that aircraft is marked for tracking and the map will jump back to this aircraft next time its position is updated.

I've just tested this, selected a "live" aircraft, clicked the "Pan Map..." button, gone to the Network list and double clicked on an aircraft - the map centres on this aircraft - then as my live flight set to "Pan Map" with updates, the map goes back to this aircraft.  This is what I would expect to happen.

So, as tarbat said, you probably had the "Pan Map with Active Flight" button selected and it was doing just what you asked :-)

alley cat

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »
Ok, that's kind of resolved it.

But then isn't then selecting another flight "over-ride" the pan map with selected flight?

By selecting a DIFFERENT flight?

So:  If I double click on a new flight it would over-ride that?

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:39:51 AM »
I think that RB remembers the aircraft that is selected when you click the "Pan Map" button - "flags" it as the aircraft to be tracked?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 08:43:06 AM »
I think that RB remembers the aircraft that is selected when you click the "Pan Map" button - "flags" it as the aircraft to be tracked?

That's exactly how it works, which is very useful when you want to keep track of a particular aircraft, whilst still being able to double-click on another aircraft to see it's position.

alley cat

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 08:52:09 AM »
To me that is both good and bad.

I agree that it can "remember" the selected flight.

And allow you to jump to another flight by single clicking on another one.

But I guess there is a PROBLEM that you can't jump to another flight really.
Ok, updates are not INSTANT but are "real time" (either real REAL TIME, or delayed REAL TIME from the network.) so unless you get to the other flight between updates, it will keep going back anyway.

But, that aside, if I DOUBLE CLICK on another flight, that should then be the "pan map on this flight" flight.

Saves the messing about going up, de-selecting the button and then selecting it again.

alley cat

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 08:53:07 AM »
That's exactly how it works, which is very useful when you want to keep track of a particular aircraft, whilst still being able to double-click on another aircraft to see it's position.

I thought single clicking on another flight's "Globe" icon scrolled to the new flight.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »

I thought single clicking on another flight's "Globe" icon scrolled to the new flight.

You don't have to click on the "Globe", anywhere on the line will do.  I don't even have the "Globe" displayed in my list.

alley cat

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »
I guess I have the globe visible - probably because I haven't edited the columns - but then I know which ones are showing their positions too.