AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 6204 times)

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« on: May 24, 2009, 03:02:09 AM »
Hi

I just popped in to say hello  I purchased the AirNav radar box on Friday.

It’s a brilliant piece of kit and very easy to setup. 

I have been interested in aircraft for over 40 years now.  I am based in south Lincolnshire/Norfolk and very near to usaf and raf bases and their a firing range about 4 miles away from my house.

In addition last year I brought a internet radio and found it very useful to pick up ATC and airport towers around the world. I own  a AOR 8200 mk 3 scanner and have a cheap HF radio

There’s a one problem with the radar box my Mrs was not happy about the price or me buying it. 

Kind regards

Puddy
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 06:07:15 AM »
Puddy, welcome to our family. If you need any help just create a new thread on this forum or email us at [email protected]

TedLoon

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:45:27 AM »
Hi Puddy,
              welcome to the forum. My Mrs was not happy about the price of the RB,  so i asked her............... if the RB had a diamond on it and it would fit on a finger would the price be ok then????

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:12:09 AM »
Puddy,

Welcome to the forum!

Allocator

daveg4otu

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:59:49 AM »
Welcome ...yes had similar conversations  about cost.... pointed out that it is only because the cost comes in one lump that makes it seem expensive.

Mrs. G4OTU is a very  keen (and extremely good)  gardener and when I started to add up what she had spent on seeds/pots/compost/ plants/ etc. etc. in the past few months - all resistance crumbled long before I got anywhere near a total figure.

Enjoy the RB -  but be warned ....it is highly addictive!

BTW...I rate gardening  somewhere  around the same level of interest as shopping or  unblocking blocked toilets.

:)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:01:46 AM by daveg4otu »
5 Miles N of BHD at 50.28.28 N/3.30.43W...400ft amsl.

Hampshire, Devon, Dorset and Isle of Wight  Airfields Websites.....
http://devonairfields.tripod.com/index.htm

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
There’s a one problem with the radar box my Mrs was not happy about the price  

Lucky that you didn't choose the alternative, then  :-)

http://www.hamradio.co.uk/acatalog/Av_RD_Kinetic_Avionics.html

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »
Alternative i didn't think there was a real one ;-)

Welcome Puddy

15 Miles East of EGNJ

flightchecker

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 10:27:47 AM »
BTW...I rate gardening  somewhere  around the same level of interest as shopping or  unblocking blocked toilets.
Things might change if you would go for a lawn tractor, Dave. Imagine: RB attached to its steering wheel, the antenna high up in the air (hold by the "non steering arm") will result into mobile operation at its finest. (endless range etc.etc.) Now that your receiver has been made "static prove", you don't even have to worry about "earthing" no more. Amazing. If you'll realize, may I come for gardening from time to time? Unfortunately don't have a garden of my own..

Kind regards

Karl
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:32:43 AM by flight checker »

daveg4otu

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 10:32:05 AM »
Always wanted one to pay around on - just like those little mini-diggers you see around....that ...or a  Sherman tank!
:)
5 Miles N of BHD at 50.28.28 N/3.30.43W...400ft amsl.

Hampshire, Devon, Dorset and Isle of Wight  Airfields Websites.....
http://devonairfields.tripod.com/index.htm

flightchecker

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:35:48 AM »
Always wanted one to pay around on - just like those little mini-diggers you see around....that ...or a  Sherman tank!

I'd prefer the "Sherman" ;)
K.

TedLoon

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 10:59:27 AM »
Pointing at the wife

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 12:13:09 PM »
Hi Puddy and all, what you need to do is show her what you can see and hear using RB, scanners whatever - when she shows signs of total boredom, it's time for the killer stroke - tell her she never shows interest in your hobbies/pastimes/interests etc., this sends them on a guilt trip and can be the ideal time to order a nice shiny new external antenna!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

EK01

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »
Hi Puddy and all, what you need to do is show her what you can see and hear using RB, scanners whatever - when she shows signs of total boredom, it's time for the killer stroke - tell her she never shows interest in your hobbies/pastimes/interests etc., this sends them on a guilt trip and can be the ideal time to order a nice shiny new external antenna!

CoastGuardJon, You very bad man !

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 07:48:45 PM »
Works better than any pair of shoes, frock or handbag!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »
Thank you for making me feel welcome.

my mrs is very hard to please she a tax inspector and I have given up the costing issue so I just buy things for my hobbey when i want  I did reminder her that the last time I brought a new scanner was 7 years ago.

michael
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)