AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Tie up extracted from"  (Read 6524 times)

ian

"Tie up extracted from"
« on: May 15, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this means? In some cases the aircraft reg indicated is identified in other databases. I update Windows Explorer with the missing information as the video instructions and then the "My log"screen is ok if I repopulate it. However when the same aircraft shows up again it reverts to the "tie up extracted from" label and the infprmation I entered in Database Exlporer is lost. This is very frustrated as I have a number of new commuter aircraft in the ATL area with this problem. How often is the online database updated and how do I prevent this continually overriding of my entered information in Database Explorer.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: "Tie up extracted from"
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this means? In some cases the aircraft reg indicated is identified in other databases. I update Windows Explorer with the missing information as the video instructions and then the "My log"screen is ok if I repopulate it. However when the same aircraft shows up again it reverts to the "tie up extracted from" label and the infprmation I entered in Database Exlporer is lost. This is very frustrated as I have a number of new commuter aircraft in the ATL area with this problem. How often is the online database updated and how do I prevent this continually overriding of my entered information in Database Explorer.

Many countries have allocated a fixed relationship between registrations and hex codes, the most notable example being the USA.  What this means is that every one of the 900,000+ possible N-numbers has a corresponding pre-defined hex code, even though only about 350,000 N-numbers are in use at any one time.

So if your RadarBox picks up, say, A32115 it will look up this code in the GAS database and find that it corresponds to N300UA.  If there is an aircraft currently registered with this N-number, GAS will return the details of type, serial, etc.  If, as is the case, there is no N300UA, GAS will still return the registration with a note saying "Tie-up extracted from Country Sequence".

Re the problems with getting updates to "stick" in Database Explorer, these are well documented in previous threads -  try a forum search.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EGNXR

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:49:06 PM »

Many countries have allocated a fixed relationship between registrations and hex codes, the most notable example being the USA.  What this means is that every one of the 900,000+ possible N-numbers has a corresponding pre-defined hex code, even though only about 350,000 N-numbers are in use at any one time.

So if your RadarBox picks up, say, A32115 it will look up this code in the GAS database and find that it corresponds to N300UA.  If there is an aircraft currently registered with this N-number, GAS will return the details of type, serial, etc.  If, as is the case, there is no N300UA, GAS will still return the registration with a note saying "Tie-up extracted from Country Sequence".

Re the problems with getting updates to "stick" in Database Explorer, these are well documented in previous threads -  try a forum search.

But they don't get updated on GAS until someone posts a confirmed sighting and a volunteer updates the database. Which can take some time if people don't give them updates. If you look at the bottom of this page on the following link there is the option to send in details for updates. It gives them a heads up and they can cross check your input against the various sources and registers. Case of what we get out is only as good as what we put in:-)

HTH John

http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/modeslookup.asp
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 07:17:52 AM »
But they don't get updated on GAS until someone posts a confirmed sighting and a volunteer updates the database. Which can take some time if people don't give them updates. If you look at the bottom of this page on the following link there is the option to send in details for updates. It gives them a heads up and they can cross check your input against the various sources and registers. Case of what we get out is only as good as what we put in:-)

That's very true - GAS is run by volunteers and though presumably AirNav pay them for the use of the database it's not enough to suppport the cost of employing someone to update the database continuously.

But going back to the issue in question, at any one time there will be around 600,000 "Tie up extracted from" records for the US alone (registrations with known hex code tieups, but not currently allocated to an aircraft), not to mention other countries like Canada, France, Germany, etc, who use the same system.

So we are always going to get, from time to time, newly-registered aircraft popping up on Mode S which GAS hasn't caught up with yet - that's not a criticism, just a fact of life.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

jgrloit

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »
We could also get the problem of 'OLD' records, when GAS have not been notified of a reuse of registration.
You could therefore be showing a Learjet when it is actually an A320 - as an example.!!!
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.