AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1000 up  (Read 37683 times)

GlynH

Re: 1000 up
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2009, 03:49:51 PM »
I am creeping ever closer to that elusive 3000 mark as my RB clocked 2838 unique aircraft yesterday.

I am tempted to move it to the loft so I can dispense with the 5m extension that I had to fit to reach into my office to see if that might make a difference.

Either that or waterproof it in a sealed Tupperware box and attach it directly to the antenna like some sort of 'Frankenstein' masthead pre-amp - only then I would need a 15m USB lead or an external PC! :-)

When I have some spare time I must dig that UBox out of retirement...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

atcukmatty

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2009, 05:16:26 PM »
hi GlynH, what type of external antenna are you using for radarbox? is that an GP1090? how does it compare to the DPD?

also whats the difference in range between the standard supplied aerial compared to your setup?

thanks

GlynH

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »
hi GlynH, what type of external antenna are you using for radarbox? is that an GP1090? how does it compare to the DPD?

also whats the difference in range between the standard supplied aerial compared to your setup?

thanks

Hi atcukmatty,

If you take a look on the previous page you will see exactly what I use - I have even posted a picture.

It came from a supplier who I can't recommend in a soft plastic, yellow 'bag' with a clear front and I suspect although it was badged Watson might be a 'badge-engineered' generic type as I  have seen similar antennae supplied in the same packaging badged differently.

Here are a couple of links to the same product;

http://www.radioworld.co.uk/~radio/catalog/radarextender-external-antenna-radarbox-p-5965.html?osCsid=f5d30bd04af72b245a5a02266d2cdb4b

http://www.airbandonline.co.uk/viradac_radarextender.htm

I don't know how it compares with the standard supplied aerial because I only used that for one day on the window sill before I put the Watson up but these guys have experience with both;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2553.0

I also have no idea how it compares with the DPD either although someone around here might have an idea...try the Search function! ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2009, 09:19:06 PM »
Hi Glyn, I'm convinced the Watson and Diamond antennas are manufactured by the same company.   There's a number of identical features and common parts.    Whether Watson maufacture for Diamond or vice versa, or a common manufacturer for both I do not know.     That yellow sleeve for each type all seem to be from the same maker, and ditto instructions.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

GlynH

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 10:14:20 PM »
Hi Jon,

Yup...Diamond was the 'other' make I couldn't think of when writing my earlier post.

Depending upon which dealer you go to you will usually see one or the other but they look identical especially hanging up in their yellow sleeves.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

John Racars

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »
Hi Support and All,

After following this tread the last days I am asking me or questions with the subject "SQL" and making reports from out the RB databases, are here on the right place.

Now the discussion goes about antennes more and more. That is no problem ofcourse!

Maybe there can be opened a subforum about "RB Database-Management" where all questions about this subject can be put in? It is only a thought...
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2009, 09:11:52 PM »
Thats a intresting idea, we will look into it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]