anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1000 up  (Read 37740 times)

John Racars

Re: 1000 up
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2009, 04:58:57 PM »
Hi Glyn,

In that case for Jun 2nd: 1137 unique a/c recorded.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »
Stop it John, you're making me jealous :0)
15 Miles East of EGNJ

GlynH

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:15 PM »
Hi John,

I must get round to using a 3rd party program to run queries on my database sometime soon.

Just took a look at MyLog for today and see the total is ramping up slightly towards the weekend - 2763 individual & unique aircraft codes today so far.

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

[attachment deleted by admin]

John Racars

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2009, 08:09:35 AM »
Hi Glyn,

With all the respect of the developers, today I do still absolute not understand what the reports from RB's MyLog "Today" us tell.

Now I see that my exemple of June 2nd falls from 1137 yesterday to 911 this morning...
Maybe they explaned this dozens of times in the past, I still do not understand it.

As you know I am interested in a report that shows me ALL the movements in one day in my area of reception in the first place which report contents the items I like personally. I found that thanks the help of Tarbat using SQL-queries AND Tarbat's developed "report.htm".

I can recommend you to become an SQL-user as well. With the help of this beautifull software you can make allmost every report using the AirNavRB DB3 databases you like.

If you have any question or problem with SQL-syntaxes or so: on this forum there is enough expertise like Tarbat to give you some help. On the WWW there are sites with lots of information about SQL as well. Google "SQL" and you will see.
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2009, 08:19:54 AM »
With all the respect of the developers, today I do still absolute not understand what the reports from RB's MyLog "Today" us tell.

Now I see that my exemple of June 2nd falls from 1137 yesterday to 911 this morning...

The date recorded for an aircraft in MyLog is the MOST RECENT date.  So, if an aircraft was logged yesterday, and also logged today, it will not appear on Yesterday's log anymore.  v2.10 promises to fix this by creating a FLIGHT record for every aircraft flight, even where the aircraft is not transmitting a Flight ID.  Reports can then be driven from the Flight Date, rather than the aircraft's last seen date.

John Racars

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2009, 08:33:33 AM »
Aha.................

Tarbat, thank you verry much for your explanation! It is clear to me now what the interpretation of the "MyLog - Today"-report should be.
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2009, 08:48:57 AM »
Thanks also Tarbat

15 Miles East of EGNJ

John Racars

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »
Hi Tarbat,

I have a question about the SQL-syntax below: how get I aircraft NOT with ADSB equipped in this generated report? I mean older aircraft like BAW's G-DOC. series or KLM's older B737 series. This a/c apears on the RB interface but I don't see them back in the report below.

Hope I made my self clear and thank you in advance!

SELECT
  Flights.Route,
  Flights.Callsign,
  Flights.EndTime,
  Flights.ModeS,
  Flights.MsgCount,
  Flights.Registration,
  Flights.Session,
  Flights.StartTime,
  Flights.StartPosition,
  Flights.EndPosition,
  Flights.StartAltitude,
  Flights.EndAltitude,
  Flights.StartGS,
  Flights.EndGS,
  Aircraft.Comment,
  Aircraft.LastTime,
  Aircraft.FirstTime,
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeLong,
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeSmall,
  Aircraft.Airline,
  Aircraft.ModeS,
  Aircraft.ModeSCountry,
  Aircraft.Registration,
  Aircraft.ADSB
FROM Flights
 LEFT OUTER JOIN Aircraft ON (Flights.ModeS=Aircraft.ModeS)
WHERE
 (Flights.StartTime LIKE '2009/06/02%')
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

Squad 701

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »
And another thanks here to Tarbit for explaining that one - Cheers.
I will wait and see what the new software brings, before I venture down the SQL route.
I did a few counts over the last week here in Dublin, and it always averaged out about 1600. The highest count being 1653 on Wednesday, for individual aircraft.
It may take a while before I reach my own goal of 2000, I might have to get the Watson up another 10feet :-)

GlynH

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »
It may take a while before I reach my own goal of 2000, I might have to get the Watson up another 10feet :-)

Good luck with your 2000 target Squad 701 - hopefully with summer coming there will be more flights coming our way - I would like to hit 3000 aircraft so we are both looking for around an increase of 400 aircraft 'sightings' in a day - not sure if that is achievable or not...

I have been toying with fitting the Kuhne masthead pre-amp for some time now...not to increase the number of aircraft tracked but purely for ESD protection of some sort.

I might just give it a go one day and see if it increases my listening range and the number of aircraft or whether it might have a negative effect and swamp some of the signals I already receive.

Another Watson user...I have mine mounted on the top of a 17 foot pole at the top of the gable end of the house which is already @ 460 feet asl - see picture attached.

Connected with Westflex 103 but I am not happy with my home-made connection in the loft where I had to remove a bloody PL259 plug fitted by a dealer who should have known better...

Even with my location and height my own polar diagram shows my coverage to the South-West to be limited compared to the rest of the coverage I see.

Not sure why - there must be aircraft down there in Devon & Cornwall ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:53:11 PM by GlynH »

Squad 701

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »

Another Watson user...I have mine mounted on the top of a 17 foot pole at the top of the gable end of the house which is already @ 460 feet asl

Even at that great location and height my own polar diagram shows my coverage to the South-West to be limited compared to the rest of the coverage.

Not sure why - there must be aircraft down there in Devon & Cornwall ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

I was wondering whether

Love the setup Glyn (drools all over table)
My long term goal is to have a similar setup to that !
Is that a HF antenna in the middle ?
With that kind of cash on a pole, I'd make sure it's all properly earthed,
unless you live beside a church :-) with there fancy lightning conductors :-)

t1mb0

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2009, 01:36:16 PM »
hi, just a thought, what is supporting your W-103 from the top of that mast, it's not just hanging is it?
12m SE of EGHI

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:24 PM »
I have a question about the SQL-syntax below: how get I aircraft NOT with ADSB equipped in this generated report?

Instead of:
FROM Flights
 LEFT OUTER JOIN Aircraft ON (Flights.ModeS=Aircraft.ModeS)

Use:
FROM Aircraft
 LEFT OUTER JOIN Flights ON (Aircraft.ModeS=Flights.ModeS)

John Racars

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2009, 02:39:31 PM »
No succes, Tarbat.

Thank you for reaction anyway!

The results are, so it looks, exactly the same.

Also no "old" a/c, no unfitted Embraers in the report.
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

GlynH

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2009, 09:15:48 PM »
Love the setup Glyn (drools all over table)
My long term goal is to have a similar setup to that !
Is that a HF antenna in the middle ?
With that kind of cash on a pole, I'd make sure it's all properly earthed,
unless you live beside a church :-) with there fancy lightning conductors :-)

I've always had big aerials bolted somewhere on the house since my old 'CB' days going back to the late 70's.

I even built a wind-up tower out of 2x2 box section steel and a scaffold pole down the middle attached by glider towing cable to a winch! When at rest the 2x2 was about level with the ridge tile and when wound up...well...
Mounted on top were a 3 element beam for a while then an Avanti PDL II - anyone remember those?

At one time I also had an Avanti SigmaIV on the side of the house but had to remove that during some really strong winds when it was bent down so far it was almost tapping next doors chimney pot...

Always wanted a Moonraker 6 back in the day...:-/

Had an 8 element FM beam antenna over 10' long on a rotator mounted on the chimney for many years which now hosts a Royal Discone and cheap & cheerful Watson clone wireless weather station - see pic.

To answer your question from the top;

Watson 1090 antenna (the mast is @ 1m long I think)
Digital High Gain TV aerial
VHF/FM Omnidirectional
DAB Omni

t1mb0:

Give me a little credit here...:-)

The W103 is cable tied to the rear of the pole with @ 14 clear ties along its length to make the install a little easier on the eye when viewed from the front of the house...the only array I didn't install is the current Royal Discone/Weather Station as I didn't have a roof ladder - and I'm not quite as brave as I used to be up a ladder...;^)

The installer made 2 visits to install it as he didn't have the correct brackets the first time despite my going down and showing him pictures of the various antenna & location, showing him the poles & mounting accessories and explaining exactly what I wanted.

In the end they mounted the weather sensor array on the fornt corner of the chimney when it would have been much neater at the back to 'soften' the look of the install.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:30:34 PM by GlynH »