AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help  (Read 6225 times)

dauntless

Help
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:22:01 AM »
Hello all

I have another question, which hopefully someone can advise/assist me with, also apologies if this has been asked before, but i'm learning and only been a AirNav addict for nearly a week.
Is there a way to define what your ariel picks up? Allow me to explain what i mean. Can you set up the software/system to say pick up aircraft, say within a mile radius of your "Home" location? Also is there a way to find out what range your picking up aircraft from your "Home"? I ask this so that only aircraft within that range fo into your log file, hopefully you all understand my way of thinking.

Please help this dumbo here, i'm tearing my hair out, what i have left of it.

Many thanks in advance

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 01:08:33 AM »
Hi Dauntless

Part one: you can't change the sensitivity of RadarBox to pick up only flighte within, say, a 5 mile range, but you can set alerts to do that - click the Alerts tab, click the Home button in the middle, and set the required range, tick the Range box above it, and choose what alert you want.

Part two: the Polar Diagram shows how far you're picking up aircraft. Click the button with the yellow outline star at the top of the screen, and zoom out from your home location, and you'll see the jagged line surrounding you, which is the maximum range that you're receiving in all directions. It's an historical record - the longer you have your box running, the more chance there is of aircraft filling the gaps.

You have probably also spotted that when you move the mouse pointer to to any aircraft on the map, the distance and bearing are shown at the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

HadNav

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 01:49:37 AM »
This feature doesn't work with the new V3 beta. So avoid V3 beta for now. Otherwise take Rods advise!

HadNav

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 01:52:37 AM »
Sorry! I mean the alert feature doesn't work in V3 beta at all. It works Ok in V2.01  for me.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 07:47:25 AM »
Can you set up the software/system to say pick up aircraft, say within a mile radius of your "Home" location?

You can set a Quick Filter of Dist < 000002 to only get aircraft within a mile of your home location in your list.

dauntless

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 10:01:35 AM »
Thank you to the replies, thats been a big help to me.  I'm currently running V3.0 beta

I have a lot to learn still, but getting a whole new experience and enjoyment from the box, just kicking myself for not opening the wallet before. Well not kicked to hard, i dont want to hurt myself!!!!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 10:18:03 AM »
Keep asking those questions dauntless, RB has so many functions, you need to play with it for a while just to see how powerful it is :-)

dauntless

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
Thanks for that Allocator, im sure i will be, and know doubt some dumbo questions too.
One thing i found so far that i can't do, unless of course its there and i missed it. In the log, you can generate yesterday and today. The thing is i didn't get around to generating the log for 25th, so not sure i can do that know. Perhaps a TAB to genrate a date could be created in the reporter section of the log?

Kind regards to you all

Andy

GlynH

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »
Hi Andy,

The report generating from MyLog is limited to what you see - ie. today & yesterday and the rest of the preset queries that appear in the list.

Just bear in mind that the Yesterday total when run shows the amount of yesterdays aircraft minus those aircraft that have been recorded again today so the total will appear to be falling all the time!

For anything more than that you have to query the SQL database itself and a few users here do just that but it does involve using a 3rd party program...

The reports you can gererate are almost limitless but there is a fair bit of complexity involved.

You might want to search out posts from Tarbat and/or John Racars and others to read up on some of the ideas/suggestions given there.

It has already been suggested on more than one occasion that AirNav give some thought to expanding the MyLog reporting for those of us who don't want to (or can't) get their hands dirty with SQL queries and 3rd party programs.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 10:46:29 AM by GlynH »

dauntless

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 10:58:28 AM »
Thank you for your info Glyn, i do have ADU but they don't support AirNav, so they say.
I'm sure by this time next year i might have worked it all out!

Regards

Andy