AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: and another new person joins the ranks.  (Read 2151 times)

alley cat

and another new person joins the ranks.
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »
Hi folks.

It's great to be here.

Just got the box the other day and what can I say:  I'm loving it!

Ok, there is the manual to read, but I am frustrated with either my stupidity or how it is laid out.

I had trouble finding how to "Track" a flight.  Yes, I have found the button, but that is an example.

Where I am "stuck", or my question is:
The list of flights - be they the local ones or network ones - is there a way to alter the order in which the columns are shown?

I would like to see flight plan in a different place.

Yes, ok, I am new.  I don't know how long that particular "need" will last, but I am stuck with the workings on the GUI.

Also I learnt (by sheer luck) that if the flight has the globe shown if I double click that, the screen centres on it.  Obviously it can't if there is no position data from the plane.

That "plane" then turns white.  Ok.  But the demo program I saw they turn yellow.

Going into preferences, yellow is for TRACKED flight - not SELECTED.  What's the differece?

I know the meanings of the words - kind of - but they aren't defined in the manual, and how do I make a flight "TRACKED"?

Anyway, I need to get moving now and I don't want to sound like someone who likes to complain.  It is just the teething troubles which I am sure most people have been through.

I just hope someone doesn't mind helping me get to grips with how the program works.

Bye for now.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: and another new person joins the ranks.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 08:27:27 AM »
The list of flights - be they the local ones or network ones - is there a way to alter the order in which the columns are shown?

You can't change the order of columns (it's been requested).  However, you can add/remove columns in Preferences, so you can remove unwanted columns.