anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Name is Colin and I'm a PLANE SPOTTER  (Read 11133 times)

WAL 2T

Re: My Name is Colin and I'm a PLANE SPOTTER
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »
Growing up in Liverpool in the 70s/80s one-elevens, Viscounts and Heralds were the standard fodder for EGGP but the occasional visit of an Air Bridge Carriers Vanguard Merchantman was a rare treat. Can't beat the sound of 4 RR Tynes
Chris

Under the EGGP 27 Centreline & 15nm from EGCC

chassi

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 09:52:32 AM »
Having just taken up aircraft photography again, I must say that seeing a 747 on finals to Heathrow beats the A380 hands down...There is just something majestic about seeing a 747 appearing over the rooftops & trees near Myrtle Avenue (spotters gathering point for landings on 27L) that the A380 just does'nt have...Its the same with the 777...just does'nt have "it".

cornish rebel

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »
Hi my name is Mark and I'm a plane spotter to I have been floating around here for some time now haven't got my radar box yet but hoping to soon when I have enough funds to by it
Located in Limerick Ireland about 20 odd miles from Shannon airport EINN

TedLoon

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 03:20:21 PM »
Welcome Mark, get saving you don't kow what your missing

colin

cornish rebel

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 03:47:17 PM »
Thanks Colin am already saving I live in Ireland me self about 20 odd miles form EINN/Shannon airport so hoping to get the aircraft coming and going from there also will be on the network so can give you lads a bit of heads up on the stuff coming of the Atlantic if all goes to plan :)
Located in Limerick Ireland about 20 odd miles from Shannon airport EINN

Terry

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 03:53:20 PM »
Hi there,
             No doubt i will have to duck the bricks and tomatoes being thrown at me for this,having flown on both the 747 and the Megatop,after flying on the A380 as a passenger there is no comparison,yes the 747s are good but the A380s are superb,quieter,faster and yes fly higher,more leg room,more room in the aisles.A tribute to the Airbus Industries designers and workers.

TedLoon

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »
Terry,   
         Lucky you i myself have only flown on the 747 (old ones at that) i did barbados some 20 odd years ago on the imfamos " flying pig" and strangely a flight back from Cyprus 3 years ago which was not expected. On the cyprus flight water flooded from the overhead locker onto my daughter when taking off, the crew said "it's not normally that bad" . It was the air con and thankfully not the upstairs loo.... anyway its not the inside or how it performs that makes the 747 No1 for me it's what Chassi says above.. The A380 will never catch the hearts and minds of the public. Maybe it's just me

ACW367

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »
I live under departure path of LHR so see many B744s and 3-4 A388 a day.  B742s are nice but in my opinion the -400 ruined a classic shape. However, IMHO neither of them beat the A346s of Virgin, Etihad, Qatar and Thai etc that I see. These are the most beautiful airliners.

ACW putting his anorak back on the peg.

PS I still am in denial as I still believe I am only an AVIATION ENTHUSIAST.

TedLoon

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 04:51:56 PM »
don't get many of the A34's up here in man ACW, however virgin have just started a few flights aweek with the type and they do look majestic, all they need is a big bump at the front lol