anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quieter today?  (Read 11128 times)

bratters

Re: Quieter today?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »

What is there to check on the ariel ? Have frequently checked the SMA connection into the box itself which seems fine and the ariel stays where it always is.

Cheers

If you have a second aerial it would eliminate an aerial fault, maybe in the lead or sma connection. From what you say though, it sounds as if your problem lies elsewhere.

I agree with you that after a period you know your own box and it's little idiosyncracies and you can spot a change in performance a mile off.

Grasp the nettle Wayne - get it off to the menders.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »
I agree with you that after a period you know your own box and it's little idiosyncracies and you can spot a change in performance a mile off.

Just like farmers!   Farmers will pick up BSE symptoms long before a vet. will be able to detect anything.   Just out of interest, cows with BSE may display some of the symptoms associated with Alzheimers!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »
Hi my radarbox was returned to me on the 1st May and at midnight that night I reset the polar diagram. I had been a bit concerned coverage was less than normal but I am delighted to say it seems spot on to me. I have to agree with others comments on both Airnav helping when I reported the fault and then Waters and  Stanton who were excellent in dealing with the repair process. I was without the box exactly one week a good show all round.

The attached polar diagram with a DPD aerial feeding the RB is from Midnight 2nd May to just now i think it confirms that all is well.

John

Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

bratters

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 08:14:41 AM »
  Just out of interest, cows with BSE may display some of the symptoms associated with Alzheimers!

And vice versa!!!