AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 monitors?  (Read 4043 times)

stevebarker12

2 monitors?
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:15:23 PM »
I'm a new purchaser of RB
Am I correct in saying there is no way to have the map and aircraft list on separate monitors?
If if this correct is there any way of getting all of the aircraft list details on 1 monitor without shrinking the map to a very small size? Anyone know the best view set-up/configuration?
Comments/help appreciated
Kind Regards
Steve

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: 2 monitors?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 12:48:39 PM »
I use 2 monitors, but I have RadarBox on the big 19 inch (EDIT: it's actually a 22 inch monitor!) widescreen running at 1680 x 1050 pixels and I use the smaller monitor for Firefox so I can surf for aircraft details whilst watching RB on the big monitor.  Plenty of room for the map and the aircraft list.  I've posted a screenshot somewhere here - I'll post a ling when I find it.

Here we are, click on the link under the picture for full size.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3095/3159603367_eb47ff2a3a_o.jpg

And this thread shows a picture of my laptop with a second monitor attached.  The laptop screen is 15 inch widescreen (I think) and there is still plent of space for the list and the map.  Remember that although you can't change the order of the columnns, you can choose not to show those you are not interested in.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2337.msg19559#msg19559
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:47:54 PM by Allocator »

stevebarker12

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:21:39 PM »
Many thanks for your help!
The key thing I didn't pick up on was that the list can be edited to remove some columns -thanks for telling me this.I've done this and it's much better.
Unfortunately i cannot use the display setting you have - but its fine now with reduced columns
Kind Regards
Steve

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 01:33:53 PM »
My pleasure Steve.  The 19 inch monitor was surprisingly reasonable, costing just over GBP 100 from Staples.  The higher pixel display really makes a difference :-)

jgrloit

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »
The map and data can be seperated, onto seperate monitors, but the display is expected with future software versions to suffer a 5 minute delay.
The idea is to use an external program, such as SBS viewer for the map.
RB will currently NOT do this directly!!!   It was requested a while ago, but I am not sure if AirNav Development are looking at it, as an update in the next version.
The delay is due to SBS viewer using the output on Port 3003, and ALL port traffic is due to have the delay re-implemented in future versions.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

stevebarker12

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »
Many thanks for the information
Kind Regards
Steve