anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Flights stop when updating Network Flights  (Read 8799 times)

jgrloit

Re: My Flights stop when updating Network Flights
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 10:52:17 PM »
This Internet problem sounds like a throughput problem rather than a connect speed problem.
It reminds me of having to obtain file transfer software that could handle a larger number of blocks in transit, before it insisted in receiving an ack for the first block.   Software was then written, for a dial-up file transfer network that could handle the time delay generated by the signals being routed over 4 Sat links.   I wonder if this is the same problem, but on the Internet, as indicated when your cable link was down?!!
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »
But that's the thing my first problem was quite a while ago the internet has been fine since then but still the same issue. Anyway, what do you think I could do to fix this?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 10:58:55 PM »
Storm,

Just checked, looks like a nice setup by the way with a few views.

The download and processing from what I watched took 2 seconds in total (with vnc showing changes slower it might have been quicker). It is light traffic at the moment on the network, so we will log on tomorrow during a busier a period.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 11:09:18 PM »
Great! Thanks support!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 07:02:55 PM »
Just had a look at we used the clock shown in RB and Vnc was updating 1/2 seconds and watched a a few updates which showed the processing and download taking a max 4/5 seconds.

It seemed what took a while was the intial start to download, once it started it was quick but nothing near the slow downs you mentioned of 20 seconds.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

perezoso

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 01:32:52 AM »
I want to chime in here and say that I also have some RB anomalies that seem to be related to network updates. 

My box can get into these cycles where it fairly frequently (once every few minutes) suddenly indicates timeout for all aircraft being tracked. This usually happens after a seemingly delayed network update - the timeouts pop up about when the next network update is indicated as coming in 27-28 seconds.  Then the RB pretty quickly reacquires about the same set of aircraft in the next 10-15 seconds. 

The machine is dual-core Intel that's not stressed by the RB application. My internet connection, however, is very shaky.  Don't flame me please; but my intuition is that something is happening with the DNS and/or a simple lack of connection when the RB wants it.  Net result: Timeouts across the board.

I'm guessing a solid internet connection will fix this; but I do wonder if there's not some issue with the RB ap getting snagged in the (potentially failed / dropped connection) network update that is causing timeouts.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:36:25 AM by perezoso »

kdt1

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 03:31:42 AM »

A solid internet connection will help but not Fix from what I have experienced
I am hoping the new version will address the live/update/network delay

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »
So it's not just me then. I was beginning to wonder if it was a computer perdormance issue.

Support: The lag is more like 8-10 seconds. Regardless, I don't see why My Flights are tied to the network flights. IMO My Flights show continue to update normally regardless of the network update.

Anyway I hope this will be fixed in the next version?

And thanks for all the replies.