AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)  (Read 88796 times)

HH

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2007, 05:21:57 AM »
Hello Paul,

is your smtp service enabled? Looks like the telnet command doesn't  initiate anything.

Markus

prbflight

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
Hello Paul,

is your smtp service enabled? Looks like the telnet command doesn't  initiate anything.

Markus

Hi Markus

How do I check to see if smtp service is enabled?

Paul

HH

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2007, 12:30:04 PM »
Hello Paul,

I forgot you are on windows XP where it should be - as far as I know - always "active".

You could try two other things to isolate the smtp-problem.

First open a dos window and do the same you did before, but this time with your normal mail-provider (which you use in Outlook, see entry "SMTP-server" for the address), e.g.:

telnet my.mailprovider.com 25

(Please obey the two spaces)

Are you able to establish a connection with your mail provider? Will he answer with "220 mail.blabla ..."? Try the procedure with another mail-provider if available.

Second do a nslookup. Type

nslookup

in a dos window. It will tell you servername (not necessarily) and your IP-address. Then at the new line beginning with ">" type

mail.airnavsystems.com

Will it resolve the IP-address (70.85.58.228)?

Please double-check all entries above on the command line, because it is easy to do typos on the console.

If you have the chance to crosscheck the procedures, do it on another PC/ laptop preferably with another internet-connection (not necessary).

Hope it helps,

Markus
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 12:31:57 PM by HH »

ChrisGR

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2007, 08:55:28 PM »
I found a strange thing with map window. I have two windows open. Left the radar box interface and right the map. If I place the cursor over the map and roll the mouse wheel makes zoom in and out. This is correct. Now if I click on left window (radar box interface) for airplane info or picture and return to map on right side the mouse wheel not works any more. Stay in the left window and rolls over data. No response on map anymore except if I make some tricks like to open a window with other software over of RB prog. or click on menu. It’s some bug or not. I believe the time when clicking on the map window must be turning it to primary. It’s very helpfully to work with mouse wheel except plus or minus button. Has any other the same problem or it’s something of my setup?

prbflight

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2007, 01:36:26 AM »
Hello Paul,

I forgot you are on windows XP where it should be - as far as I know - always "active".

You could try two other things to isolate the smtp-problem.

First open a dos window and do the same you did before, but this time with your normal mail-provider (which you use in Outlook, see entry "SMTP-server" for the address), e.g.:

telnet my.mailprovider.com 25

(Please obey the two spaces)

Are you able to establish a connection with your mail provider? Will he answer with "220 mail.blabla ..."? Try the procedure with another mail-provider if available.

Second do a nslookup. Type

nslookup

in a dos window. It will tell you servername (not necessarily) and your IP-address. Then at the new line beginning with ">" type

mail.airnavsystems.com

Will it resolve the IP-address (70.85.58.228)?

Please double-check all entries above on the command line, because it is easy to do typos on the console.

If you have the chance to crosscheck the procedures, do it on another PC/ laptop preferably with another internet-connection (not necessary).

Hope it helps,

Markus

Markus,

No luck.  Please see the message I get using the nslookup command on my computer
and then the one I get using my wife's laptop.

Both computers are connected to the internet through the same router.  Hope this helps.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? 

Thanks.

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:27:04 AM by prbflight »

HH

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2007, 06:39:57 AM »
Hello Paul,

what happened, when you tried to connect to your mail-provider with the smtp-command from the dos window? Only a blinking cursor?

After all, there is a good chance that port 25 outgoing is blocked either in your PCs firewall, anti-virus software, the router or at your ISP. You should check that again imho.

Regards,

Markus

prbflight

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2007, 03:17:19 PM »
Hello Paul,

what happened, when you tried to connect to your mail-provider with the smtp-command from the dos window? Only a blinking cursor?

After all, there is a good chance that port 25 outgoing is blocked either in your PCs firewall, anti-virus software, the router or at your ISP. You should check that again imho.

Regards,

Markus

Hello Markus

When I try to telnet my provider, or other I just get an emty box with a flashing cursor.  I can ping them however and get a response.

Please note this edit....after trying again and again I realized I was not typing the correct command into the dos box.  I have now typed in 'telnet smtp.vianet.ca 25' pressed enter and I get a new box with the following message '220 smpt2.vianet.ca ESMTP'

Hope that fits another piece in the puzzle.

Paul
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:24:25 PM by prbflight »

rfb

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
I have downloaded and installed V1.3

On running the Firmware updater the application hangs and needs to be force quit.

On checking the firmwre version in 'Help/About' there is no value shown.

What do you suggest?

HH

« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »
Hi Paul,

looks like a 1000 (or even more) piece puzzle ;)

Well. Did you check your firewall and antivirus-programs (even if they are deactivated) if they don't block outgoing port 25? It could be you granted access on application level (e.g. Outlook) but not from the system. Please check your router also. You now have a 99% chance one of them is blocking. So this should be your main focus.

OK. But one more try. Open a dos windw. Type:

telnet mail.airnavsystems.com 110

What happens? Are you able to connect?

Next open a dos window and type

ipconfig -all

What is the output?

Regards,

Markus

EDIT re your edit: So you finally established a smtp connection via the command-line ;)

You can try one more then. Open a dos window and type:

nslookup

your server and IP will appear. Now behind the ">" type

set type=mx

next another ">" will appear. Behind type:

mail.airnavsystems.com

what is the output?

Markus

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:35:12 PM by HH »

prbflight

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »
Hi Paul,

looks like a 1000 (or even more) piece puzzle ;)

Well. Did you check your firewall and antivirus-programs (even if they are deactivated) if they don't block outgoing port 25? It could be you granted access on application level (e.g. Outlook) but not from the system. Please check your router also. You now have a 99% chance one of them is blocking. So this should be your main focus.

OK. But one more try. Open a dos windw. Type:

What happens? Are you able to connect?

Next open a dos window and type

ipconfig -all

What is the output?

Regards,

Markus

Hi Marcus...did you see my edit on my last post?  I was making a mistake in typing in the command.

So, I have tried all your suggestions going through my router and bypassing the router.  I have turned off windows firewall as well as my Norton Internet Security...at least I think I have.  Anyway this new attachement shows the messages I get from your above instructions.

Hope this helps.  I am now on my way to work but will be back in about 10 hours.  Thanks a million for all your help!

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:36:28 PM by prbflight »

racinghenk

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2007, 09:21:06 PM »
I've installed the newest software.

I've one problem yet. My RB does not download photo's from the internet. I've ticked both boxes in the preferences menu.

Next I've deleted all current photo's in the data folder of radarbox 2007.

But still, the program says: "no photo available"  When I click on that text, I get a link to airliners.net.

What can I do to get photo's in the program????

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2007, 09:47:20 PM »
I've installed the newest software.

I've one problem yet. My RB does not download photo's from the internet. I've ticked both boxes in the preferences menu.

Next I've deleted all current photo's in the data folder of radarbox 2007.

But still, the program says: "no photo available"  When I click on that text, I get a link to airliners.net.

What can I do to get photo's in the program????

Most odd.

- Maybe the GAS website was down?

- Confirm that you deleted the photos in the /Data/Photo/ directory, not the /Data/ directory

- Do you have a firewall that is stopping RB getting the pictures from airliners.net

- Was there a picture of the aircraft you clicked on at airliners.net

- If you look in your /Data/Photo/ directory, are there any jpg photos at all?

- Are you still having this problem as it's working fine with me.

- When you go to Help/About what software version do you see?

Can't see why it shouldn't work

racinghenk

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2007, 06:02:26 AM »
Thanks for your reaction.

I should answer your questions:

- Maybe the GAS website was down? No, it was not down. The website worked ok.

- Confirm that you deleted the photos in the /Data/Photo/ directory, not the /Data/ directory.

I can confirm this.

- Do you have a firewall that is stopping RB getting the pictures from airliners.net

No, it has full rights to access

- Was there a picture of the aircraft you clicked on at airliners.net

When I deleted all photo's and start the program again, then in no time a lot of new photo's appear in the folder.

- Are you still having this problem as it's working fine with me.

I'm still having this problem.

- When you go to Help/About what software version do you see?

Softwareversion is ANRB13.

What I've seen now is that Airnav makes automatic connection with mozilla firefox, but that is not my standard browser. I've deleted Firefox and now, when I click on "photo not available" airliners.net is not opened. Also, I can not open this forum when I try to open it in the program.

In my previous version of the software, I did not have this problem.

Henk
Can't see why it shouldn't work

HH

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2007, 07:02:03 AM »
Hi Paul,

well it looks like you can at least establish a connection with your mail provider.

Did you try again to open a dos window and type

telnet mail.airnavsystems.com 25

and

? What happens?

Please also do the following:

Open a dos window and type:

nslookup

your server and IP will appear. Now behind the ">" type

set type=mx

next another ">" will appear. Behind type:

mail.airnavsystems.com

what is the output?

The first two telnet commands are to detect whether any ports may be blocked, the nslookup is to check whether there might be a rare fault in the mail-address entries.

Regards,

Markus

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2007, 07:59:43 AM »

When I deleted all photo's and start the program again, then in no time a lot of new photo's appear in the folder.

What I've seen now is that Airnav makes automatic connection with mozilla firefox, but that is not my standard browser. I've deleted Firefox and now, when I click on "photo not available" airliners.net is not opened. Also, I can not open this forum when I try to open it in the program.

In my previous version of the software, I did not have this problem.

Henk,

A difficult one this!

As you can see new photos in the /Data/Photo/ directory after you deleted the old ones, then this shows that the GAS website is online and that RB IS downloading the photos.

I think from what you are saying, is that you cannot see the thumbnail photos below the aircraft list when you click on an aircraft in the RB list, or you move you mouse over an aircraft on the map.  Can you see these thumbnail pictures or not?

When you click on the thumbnail photo. or the "Photo no available", then RB will open your DEFAULT internet browser.  RB does not choose this browser, it has been set by you at some point.  When you installed Firefox, it will have warned you that it was not the default browser and asked if you want to make it the default browser.  If you said yes, then RB would use Firefox to go to the airliners.net website.

If you have now deleted Firefox, then RB will not be able to open it.  You need to set your new browser (MS Internet Explorer?) as the default Windows browser.  This is a Windows issue, not a Radarbox problem.  I can't remember how to set IE as the dafault browser (I use Firefox), but I'm sure somebody here on the forum will know how to do this.

EDIT:  I've remembered - see later post.

So, Henk, two more questions:

- Can you see the photo thumbnails at the bottom of the aircraft list?

- Can you set your standard browser as the default and see if this allows you to connect to airliners.net
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:14:41 AM by Allocator »