anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)  (Read 89014 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »
prbflight,

You can go back to 1.2 beta by downloading that patch and ONLY copying the ANRB.exe to your RadarBox folder.

Regarding the email reports issues, that was only assiocated with you since version 1.1 has been released and we have not had any further issues with that so we assume its something to do with your network. Also unfourtanely as the suite all heard managament has only been requested by you and it is low on the to do list.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2007, 03:13:37 PM »
AirNav Support,

Can you check the link to the V1.2 patch, as the file doesn't seem to be available any more at:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/anrbpatch12.zip

I tried to download it yesterday to check the Firmware update patch, bit I got a "page missing" error.

Thanks

Allocator

b744

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2007, 03:36:07 PM »
The ANA 777 was 869122 JA780A. It definately populated on the Network and is no where to be seen in the database.
I have to echo what others have said re the database. Now the disconnect problems have been solved ,the database is perhaps the most important part of the whole setup.
Basically ANRB is a tool to help seeing aircraft either for a hobby(spotting) or pure fascination. A blank is useless so this whole download 2 pics if this and if that routine is a load of rubbish. I am perhaps in the minority but I care not at all for 2 photos....I can look at Airliners for that. I want the space that photos take up to expand the list and I want the list populated with the details available from GAS. As an sbs user, perhaps the ability to use my sbs sql file would be great but thats icing on the cake. The database historical function is also very important to alot of people.
So Airnav should put this at the top of their list. Get the basics correct. List sort order stable,database population independant of pics and the Mylog stable. After that the database format...whatever route they may choose but a good look at what Kinetics did right AND wrong would be a very sensible path to take.
Just my thoughts.
Rgds
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 04:37:44 PM by b744 »

walfisch

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »
Hi Chris, sorry again- no effect.
I also tried with the PC (XP, SP2) the same, so I think my box is over.
Airnav Team: Please give me the adress, where I can send the Box. Thank you.

prbflight

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2007, 04:37:36 PM »
prbflight,

You can go back to 1.2 beta by downloading that patch and ONLY copying the ANRB.exe to your RadarBox folder.

Regarding the email reports issues, that was only assiocated with you since version 1.1 has been released and we have not had any further issues with that so we assume its something to do with your network. Also unfourtanely as the suite all heard managament has only been requested by you and it is low on the to do list.

I have gone back to v1.2.  I had backed up ARND.exe so it was no problem.  Am I the only one that can't e-mail reports out of all the people that have purchased RadarBox?  Could other users please confirm that they are not having problems?  Wow I find that hard to believe and also the fact that I am the only one that has requested an export to All Heard Management function.  I guess no one else cares about that.  I can't imagine not using other AirNav products to compliment the RadarBox so as to be able to reap as much as possible from this great hobby.  I use AirNav Live, AirNav Suite and AirNav ACARS decoder.  I consider this a must unless RadarBox is developed to the level of being able to replace these other great pieces of software as an all in one package.

Paul
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 04:43:20 PM by prbflight »

HH

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2007, 05:49:13 PM »
Hello Paul,

I also switched back to 1.2 beta and now I have less problems than with the final version :(

I checked the e-mail function and it worked well for me with V 1.3 and it also works with V 1.2 beta.

No offense ;) - but did you fill a valid e-mail address (I once forgot and then it didn't work). Maybe it's a firewall/ virus-scan etc. issue? The program sends via smtp (TCP port 25), which may be blocked on your PC?

Markus

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2007, 06:22:19 PM »
Hi prbflight,

We have already had a discussion about the email issue a few months back and everyone one the forum seemed to be confused why it wasn't working for you. You also mentioned another program had the same issue so thats why we think its a network issues.

We have had requests for exporting the actual data but none except yourself to export it and combine it with Suite.

Also note to all please remember we cannot guarantee every request you will send will be done due time, cost, and whether its actually possible :)

Furthermore we have noted the issues caught on the forum and hope to have a new version asp. Once again we apologise.
[email protected]

walfisch

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2007, 06:41:28 PM »
Again, Airnav Team: Please give me the adress to send back my defect RB.
Thank you.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
walfisch,

Please contact support through tickets or email and they will go through the procedures for you.

Remember guys if have any support query then email support as it will handled quicker and dealt with fully that way.
[email protected]

prbflight

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2007, 06:48:08 PM »
Hello Paul,

I also switched back to 1.2 beta and now I have less problems than with the final version :(

I checked the e-mail function and it worked well for me with V 1.3 and it also works with V 1.2 beta.

No offense ;) - but did you fill a valid e-mail address (I once forgot and then it didn't work). Maybe it's a firewall/ virus-scan etc. issue? The program sends via smtp (TCP port 25), which may be blocked on your PC?

Markus

I've tried different e-mail addresses and no luck.  I have totally disabled my Norton Antivirus and Internet protection.  I have by-passed my router, all with no luck. How do I check that TCP port 25 is not blocked?  One other thing...I use Microsoft Outlook as my e-mail client.  Could this be a problem?

HH

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »
Hello Paul,

I don't think Outlook might be a problem as the mail is sent directly by smtp. You can easily check if you can establish a connection to airnavsystems.com where the mail is delivered. Just type:

telnet airnavsystems.com 25

on a command line (MS-DOS window or "Start -> Command" not sure if it is called "command" because I have the german windows xp version).

You should see something like:

220 mail.airnavsystems.com ESMTP ....

else you might get an error, which could point to your problem.

Markus

John Racars

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2007, 09:06:02 PM »
Re: Reply #43

Hello AirNav Support,

Was this a stupid question? There was no answer until sofar or did I missed something?

Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2007, 09:13:35 PM »
Sorry too many posts so missed that.

Incase backup the data folder inside RadarBox folder. The uninstall should not remove any of the data in that folder which includes the mylog database etc..
[email protected]

John Racars

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »
Sorry too many posts so missed that.

OK Sir. I understand that. Thank you for your reaction!
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

prbflight

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2007, 10:39:18 PM »
Hello Paul,

I don't think Outlook might be a problem as the mail is sent directly by smtp. You can easily check if you can establish a connection to airnavsystems.com where the mail is delivered. Just type:

on a command line (MS-DOS window or "Start -> Command" not sure if it is called "command" because I have the german windows xp version).

You should see something like:

220 mail.airnavsystems.com ESMTP ....

else you might get an error, which could point to your problem.

Markus

Thanks HH

I went to the command prompt (I'm running XP) and I typed in

then hit 'enter'

a new MS Dos box opened with just a flashing cursor however the blue title bar on the box says

Telnet airnavsystems.com

What do I look for from here?

Thanks a million

Paul