AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)  (Read 88798 times)

ChrisGR

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »
walfisch

The table with " connect radar box"  i think showing on upgrade firmware stage. You must have the FirmwareUpdater.exe file on C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007\ folder where is the ANRB.exe and run it ONLY from there.

Chris

prbflight

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2007, 10:14:29 PM »
I upgraded to v1.3 last night and all is running fine.  Before going to work this morning I quit then restarted RadarBox.  I lost all the new contacts I received during the night.  When I got home from work this evening I shut down then restarted RadarBox and again I lost all new contacts I received during the day.  It is almost 24 hours since running v1.3 and I still have the same amount of contacts that I had before I upgraded.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Paul

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 06:31:40 AM »
I upgraded to v1.3 last night and all is running fine.  Before going to work this morning I quit then restarted RadarBox.  I lost all the new contacts I received during the night.  When I got home from work this evening I shut down then restarted RadarBox and again I lost all new contacts I received during the day.  It is almost 24 hours since running v1.3 and I still have the same amount of contacts that I had before I upgraded.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Paul

Paul, when you say that you lost all new contacts, how did this happen?  Are you referring to the marked aircraft in the Report section?

b744

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 07:32:27 AM »
Seen just what you mean. The Mylog total returns to pre session numbers but I think you'll find that all new contacts have been written to your database and that number will have risen the correct amount.

Rgds

b744

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 10:13:14 AM »
GAS update is not writing data to the database. Had an a/c on network flights which was populated but on shutdown and restart it was not present in the database.
This whole function needs a re-think and then re-worked , and soon. 
rgds

Allocator

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2007, 10:30:32 AM »
GAS update is not writing data to the database. Had an a/c on network flights which was populated but on shutdown and restart it was not present in the database.
This whole function needs a re-think and then re-worked , and soon. 
rgds

That's odd, because my pre release V1.3 and the release version is writing to my database.

Edit:  However, I think that there might be a problem writing the aircraft to the "MyLog" table if that is what you are referring to.  Also, I can't see aircraft picked up yesterday in the "Reporter", as when I ask for Yesterday's entires, I get a "No flight data to be sent.  Try to select another date range" error message.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:45:41 AM by Allocator »

b744

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »
No I mean database. The ANA 777 from Tokyo to NRT was on the network and details filled in when I clicked it.
On restart, there was no record of it in the database.
As for my log, it has the same a/c in it upon every start up even if I delete them all and restart. And yes, all the new ones have gone by next restart.
Ver 1.4 needed with these bugs ironed out

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2007, 12:11:01 PM »
I have just closed my radarbox down and at the time it showed 4775 aircraft in MyLog. Restarted and it only showed 4721, I have also checked the dates of entries in MyLog and nothing is after upgrading t0 1.3 yesterday morning.
Well done AirNav - looks like another shot in the foot :-(

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2007, 12:15:50 PM »
Should not have been any changes regarding the database etc.. but obviously it looks like something has gone wrong. Even with beta testing things like this can happen.

It will be rectified as soon as possible. Any other issues which are serious email us asp and we will get onto it. Aplogies. 
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »
Further to my previous message. I cleared out my database when I upgraded to the beta patch, so had no pictures in my data as from when v1.3 was loaded and launched yesterday.   On Tuseday I had RB on from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and it was picking up approx 70 aircraft all the time but I did not see more than a handfull actually showing a photo. This morning I had it on for an hour before I saw the report of not keeping new contacts and in that time I had "seen" 54 new aircraft but it only picked up 2 photos. I have mine set to 1 picture. Even with the very first version it was more usual to get a photo than not to, now it appears to be the other way round, getting a photo is the exception rather than the rule.

Allocator

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2007, 12:34:07 PM »
Further to my previous message. I cleared out my database when I upgraded to the beta patch, so had no pictures in my data as from when v1.3 was loaded and launched yesterday.   On Tuseday I had RB on from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and it was picking up approx 70 aircraft all the time but I did not see more than a handfull actually showing a photo. This morning I had it on for an hour before I saw the report of not keeping new contacts and in that time I had "seen" 54 new aircraft but it only picked up 2 photos. I have mine set to 1 picture. Even with the very first version it was more usual to get a photo than not to, now it appears to be the other way round, getting a photo is the exception rather than the rule.

Roadrunner,

Read back in this thread (page 1 towards the bottom).  You wil get NO pictures downloaded without the "download 2 photos" selected.

Give it a try, rename your /Photo/ directory to /Photo backup/

Create a new directory /Photo

Run RB with "Download 2 photos" selected, and watch the countdown in the bottom right of the screen.  Run the mouse over an aircraft on the screen, or click on an aircraft in the list - loads of photos :-)

This is a bug and has been reported.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:39:53 PM by Allocator »

Allocator

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2007, 12:53:25 PM »
No I mean database. The ANA 777 from Tokyo to NRT was on the network and details filled in when I clicked it.
On restart, there was no record of it in the database.
As for my log, it has the same a/c in it upon every start up even if I delete them all and restart. And yes, all the new ones have gone by next restart.
Ver 1.4 needed with these bugs ironed out

Hmmm...!

Maybe I need to check this again.  It is a bit difficult check, as you would have to remember the Mode S not having aircraft details, note them being populated by GAS, then cross check by exploring the database later.

I don't suppose you have the Mode S or registration of that ANA 777 so I could check if I had picked it up?  Trouble is, by looking at the database, there is no way of knowing when a particular record has been added as there is no date column.  it could have been populated in my database by an earlier version of RB.

Without the MyLog working at the moment, we can't see when a particular aircraft was added either.

I have been banging on about the whole database issue to AirNav support, but I'm not completely sure that they realise how important it is for us to be able to see historical data.  The SBS-1 is actually very good at this, although it took a major update and a change in the way that data was stored to achieve this.  I know that AirNav have been concentrating on getting the hardware disconnect issues sorted, but now this is done, hopefully they will move on to the database issue.

An effective database would change RB into a useful tool.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:55:57 PM by Allocator »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 12:59:23 PM »
Don't worry the database changes are the next on the list and the next big feature which we are working on :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

prbflight

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 01:00:41 PM »

Paul

Paul, when you say that you lost all new contacts, how did this happen?  Are you referring to the marked aircraft in the Report section?

MyLog is not populating as per all the discussion going on in this thread right now.  The database issue is most important to me.  This is a serious issue.  That and not having the ability to export data to All Heard Management in AirNav Suite or a similar funtion in RadarBox.  What's the use if you can't see historical data and work with it?  P.S.  I still can't email reports...anyone else?

Paul

prbflight

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »
Don't worry the database changes are the next on the list and the next big feature which we are working on :)

AirNav Support team...In the mean time please give instructions as how to roll-back to version 1.2   I need my database populating.  Thanks

Paul