AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)  (Read 88810 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:37:25 AM »
Please Note: This patch is already installed for RadarBoxes bought after Oct 7th 2007, Do NOT attempt to install it again, you may cause damage to your RadarBox

AirNav RadarBox 2007 Patch 1 is available for download.

This addresses all the reports received until now.
We have named this version 1.3.

Instructions:

-------------------------
1- If you currently have Version 1.2 (the last beta patch) installed you only need to replace anrb.exe file.

a) Download it from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB13/ANRB.exe

b) Overwrite your existing ANRB.exe usually located at:
usually "c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007"

c) You don't need to update your current RadarBox Drivers / firmware.

2- If you have version 1.1 or 1.0 you should uninstall it and then install the new Version 1.3.
Important: do not follow the steps below if already have V1.2 installed (patch 1). Note that only 5% of the users need the steps below as most have already V1.2 running.

a) Uninstall your present version by going to:
- "Windows Start Menu", "All Programs", "AirNav Systems", "AirNav RadarBox 2007", "Unistall AirNav RadarBox 2007"

b) Download and install the new version from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB13Setup.exe

c) You now have to update your current drivers. To do so:
To update them:
 - Go to "Windows Control Panel", "System", "Hardware", "Device Manager";
 - Browse "Universal Serial Bus Controllers";
 - Double Click over "AirNav RadarBox";
 - Go to the "Driver" tab, click "Uninstall";
 - Unplug your RadarBox from the USB Plug and then plug it again;
 - Windows detects a new hardware;
 - Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)"
 - Select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install";
 - Click "Have Disk";
 - Select the "C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007\Drivers" folder;
 - Click Next and follow the specified instructions.

d) Your need to update your firmware. To do so download the firmware update application from the address below and save it to "c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007":
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/anrb13/FirmwareUpdater.exe

e) Run the firmware update application.

With this patch we consider all reported problems corrected. This is not a beta but a final release.

AirNav Systems continues to need your help for feedback. We are already developing V1.4 which will have some new outstanding features.
Please keep your suggestions (and possible bug reports) coming and of course, thanks for all of those that have helped us until now.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 11:21:57 PM by AirNav Support »

doro

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 05:40:11 AM »
Working! Let's go for 1.4! Doro

spotter70

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:59:05 AM »
After running firmware updater it fails to run.
RB.dll not found
running Vista Premium

Any ideas
Spotter70

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 08:09:48 AM »
Make sure you put the firmware updater in the RadarBox folder, before you run it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

spotter70

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »
Thanks for that
all seems to be working.
What is Pan Flight  and how does it work.
Also some aircraft do not have tags
Also here is a polar diagram for you

Regards
Spotter70

[attachment deleted by admin]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 08:31:58 AM »
Thanks for that
all seems to be working.
What is Pan Flight  and how does it work.
Also some aircraft do not have tags
Also here is a polar diagram for you

Regards
Spotter70

Spotter,

Regarding the lack of labels (tags), do they appear when you zoom in?

You seem to be using quite a large font and you have large spaces between the lines of the label, RB will only draw the labels if it has space to do so, so when you zoom out as there is less space, there will be less labels.  See one of my screen shots below for comparison:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1295/1391988543_e22cb95f8f_o.jpg

I haven't found Pan Flight yet, where is that?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:38:47 AM by Allocator »

b744

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »
Want to make sure I've done this right. Downloaded and over written as you say and when I check the new anrb.exe it says its product ver 1.0.0.0 and version 0.0.0.0 .
If this is now the correct version then not sure its does what it should. My lists are not staying in the sort order I choose, but jumping all around and it has not populated my log as I was led to believe it would. Hope its me thats made a mistake otherwise I'm less than impressed.
Saw mention of Pan Flight...not found so have  I downloaded an old patch and not v1.3 ??
Rgds

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »
Run it and go to Help -> About, inform us the details that is shown?
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 09:22:48 AM »
Want to make sure I've done this right. Downloaded and over written as you say and when I check the new anrb.exe it says its product ver 1.0.0.0 and version 0.0.0.0 .
If this is now the correct version then not sure its does what it should. My lists are not staying in the sort order I choose, but jumping all around and it has not populated my log as I was led to believe it would. Hope its me thats made a mistake otherwise I'm less than impressed.
Saw mention of Pan Flight...not found so have  I downloaded an old patch and not v1.3 ??
Rgds

B744,

Look at the Help/About menu.  You should see:

Software Version: ANRB13
Software Version Date: 2007/10/02 01:14

There are some fixes which haven't been implemented yet, the sort order of the list is one.

However, the photo loading, GAS interface and database updating should all be OK.  Also, the Network Data timeout also works properly now.

No idea what Spotter70 is referring to with Pan Flight, maybe he's talking about panning (moving) the map?

b744

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 09:35:52 AM »
version as you say. sort order was supposed to be fixed because in its present state its very user unfriendly.
As for GAS updates, 401296 as an example. clicked on it and nothing happens yet sbs populate has all the details and I have selected download 2 photos even though I dont want any !!
Not  the giant leap I'd hoped for !!
Rgds

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 09:39:03 AM »
b744,

There won't be a massive difference if you have been using the betas or other versions we have passed around. This is the full release for any of the major issues which have been caught. For customers who are on version 1 and did not want to update to the betas then its a big change.

As it says above Please keep your suggestions (and possible bug reports) coming and also the database is going through a change to make it easier to update etc. but these things do not happen overnight. Further as mentioned before we get many requests which are then filtered down, we will enadevour to get them all done but sometimes there are more pressing issues.

Hope that explains things.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 09:42:05 AM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

b744

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »
OK...2 questions
1/do I need to download any photos for the GAS link to work
2/can I update the my log facility which is full of blanks and if so, how ie I want details against the hex codes that currently have no details
rgds

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 11:09:39 AM »
OK...2 questions
1/do I need to download any photos for the GAS link to work
2/can I update the my log facility which is full of blanks and if so, how ie I want details against the hex codes that currently have no details
rgds
b744

An easy answer to the GAS/Photo issue.

- If you already have one photo in the Data/Photo directory - say G-AABB.jpg then you will have a problem as RB will not download a second picture nor will it search the GAS database (bug - reported)

- If you have no photo of that aircraft, then the GAS database is searched, the RB database is updated, and 2 photo's are downloaded (this is correct).

- If you have no photo in the Data/Photo directory, and the airliners.net site only has one picture anyway, then the GAS database isn't searched etc (bug - reported)

- Solutions:

-- Delelete all your ****.jpg photos in the Data/Photo/ directory and let RB start again

-- Or, delete all the single jpg photos in the directory.  File names are G-AABB.jpg and G-AABB,2.jpg for the second picture.

-- If there is only one photo on the airliners.net site, download it twice and save the second identical photo as ****,2.jpg

Yes, the sort order in the list is a pain, but there is a solution on the way which should be better all round.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you do need the "Download 2 aircraft photos" ticked too.

NOTE: This information is based on my testing of the pre-release version of V1.3 and I'm currently away from an internet connection for RB, so I can't test this further.

I believe that the intent of AirNav was to get this proper version of RB out on release, rather than keeping fussing around with some of the minor stuff.  It's better for us all to be working from a common point - V1.3 - than to wait for ever for a final, final version.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 12:24:18 PM by Allocator »

Brisbane

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
Just wondering what the difference is to the ANRB exe. from Beta version and full patch. Have now (fingers crossed) got the Radarbox to work correctly after 3 months and a RTB so am now somewhat reluctant to start updating again. Just want to finally enjoy a trouble-free piece of equipment, again fingers crossed.

ChrisGR

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 12:03:21 PM »
Any software utility for check if has installed correct the new firmware??