anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V 2.10  (Read 66181 times)

daveg4otu

Re: V 2.10
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 01:33:24 PM »
Malc- I doubt that processor power is a cause- unless you are running a very old low power CPU.

This one is an AMD 300XP - running at about 10% overclock.

Right now I have ANRB running along with Planeplotter and 3  Internet Explorer windows open  plus MBM5....the CPU seldom shows more than 50% in Task Manager....

If an ancient CPU like this can manage then  most newer PCs should  be finding  it a doddle.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:25:20 PM by daveg4otu »
5 Miles N of BHD at 50.28.28 N/3.30.43W...400ft amsl.

Hampshire, Devon, Dorset and Isle of Wight  Airfields Websites.....
http://devonairfields.tripod.com/index.htm

Deadcalm

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 01:44:52 PM »
Yup, mine is a quad processor.  It seems the problem appears to occur in machines with higher specs.

DC
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:17:42 PM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 01:58:03 PM »
Ok thanks for that, it was not something that I had noticed on my 386 ;-)
15 Miles East of EGNJ

EMA

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »
On Quad cores switching to one processor does help with the menu speed.

Also if I switch the map off the menus respond okay so on my systems it appears that the map redraw slows down the menus. I was providing feedback to Airnav but all went quiet last week.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »
I have recently started getting a situation were the map just freezes. Everything else works fine, but the map does not show any updates.

If you close the map and then re-open it, sometimes you just get the aircraft tracks, no map?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

GlynH

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
Yup, mine is a quad processor.  It seems the problem appears to occur in machines with higher specs.

DC

Hey welcome back Chris!

Haven't been around much myself lately...hope everything is OK with you?

Also suffered the slow menu problem here (amongst others things) which was definitely not down to processor speed (Dual 3.2GHz Xeons) and was hoping for a Beta version to see if they have been sorted...we will see.

I realise AirNav are caught between a rock and a hard place with wanting to get the latest release out but have to balance that with the stability & bug-fixing that any new release invariably brings to the party.

Personally I am in no rush for v2.10 - I'd rather wait longer and see some of those long-standing issues sorted first.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

afo47

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 09:51:59 AM »
really not serious !
i hve just buyed the sbs1 in france yesterday

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »
really not serious !

Hi there,

No need to panic - the one you got yesterday is still OK, we are all talking about a Software upgrade that will soon be available to upload from this site at no extra cost to you!

Regards
Mike

GlynH

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 08:09:59 PM »
really not serious !

Hi there,

No need to panic - the one you got yesterday is still OK, we are all talking about a Software upgrade that will soon be available to upload from this site at no extra cost to you!

Regards
Mike

What's this?

The latest Airnav RadarBox software will run the Kinetic SBS-1? ;^)

<ducking>

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 08:34:58 PM »
Funny, I read afo47's post as he had just got a RB - hope he hasn't really got an SBS-1, because if he has, the V2.1 software isn't going to help him at all - lol

bearcat

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2009, 08:51:43 AM »
Hi

I don't know how much relevance this may have to the slow menu problem but I run Windows Defender and collect updates regularly and occasionally my PC requires a reboot to install the updates.

I have just downloaded the latest updates which needed a reboot and if I do not reboot all the menu options become extremly slow and unresponsive until I reboot the PC and everything is then OK. Could the problem be with windows updates on machines running 24/7 and not being rebooted for the updates?

My machine is an AMD 2600+ 1.5gbRAM and not dual/quad core and normally runs ANRB fine

Just my thoughts

Regards

Stewart

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »
I think the permitations of what could be causing this problem are too numeous to list. Hopefully the next software release will solve the problem?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »
really not serious !

Hi there,

Regards
Mike

What's this?

The latest Airnav RadarBox software will run the Kinetic SBS-1? ;^)

<ducking>

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

I will have to read the posts a bit more thoroughly but I was not expecting to see SBS1 in this forum. Anyway to show I am unbiased I have both and the SBS`1 is expecting a software update in the near future..... :-)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2009, 03:51:42 PM »
Shame the in-built airband can't be a downoad!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »
"They" still haven't published any specs as far as I can see.  It's listed as an "Airband Receiver" so I expect VHF only (no Mil UHF) and only one freq at a time (no scanning).  I purchased the "Radio Interface" for the SBS-1 - really just a key to unlock the radio function - but I found it very limiting in that I could only monitor one frequency at a time.  The concept is reasonable for monitoring an airfield, but it falls down when you want to listen to en-route traffic.  I went back to using my stand-alone scanner in the end, as I could monitor all the VHF/UHF frequencies and stop the scanner when something interesting came up.

Interest on the Kinetic forum has been a bit "lukewarm" but I await the launch with interest.  It bumps the price up a bit too :-0

That FM receive function will be good for listening to the Archers though when the user get bored listening to aircraft - lol