AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: worrying development.  (Read 11032 times)

Eric

Re: worrying development.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 01:52:26 PM »
Actually, I bought the unit through a local agent. I have already contacted him and he agreed that he will replace the unit. Still, it's a mystery to me what could be the problem. When also looking at another post there are more people with this strange behaviour of the unit :-(

Eric
20 miles S of EHGG

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »
Doesn't really matter what the problem is, if you are getting a replacement box :-)

davjhedges

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 12:06:57 PM »
thx gentlemen,i feel it is a hardware problem within the decoding area of the rb,i still see the odd aircraft directly overhead,my external aerial  was pulling in adsb onlycontacts from the wash, to irish sea,to the channel.will keep you informed.regards,davidh.

Eric

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
thx gentlemen,i feel it is a hardware problem within the decoding area of the rb,i still see the odd aircraft directly overhead,my external aerial  was pulling in adsb onlycontacts from the wash, to irish sea,to the channel.will keep you informed.regards,davidh.

David,
I think you are on to something. I too only received some nearby adsb contacts with my own unit. I just connected another hardware unit which I now have on loan from the local agent, and WHOW: 185 airliner contacts up to 200 NM away ! My own unit is on its way to Airnav, I hope they find out what is wrong with it.

Eric
20 miles S of EHGG

ukpbz

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »
I too am now seeing this problem.

I have emailed support ( Today ) and am awaiting a reply but why are there so many getting similar faults all of a sudden?

Anyway, looking forward to getting it fixed now Viking9 has shown me how to use it properly :-)

davjhedges

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »
Gentlemen, I believe there  to be a fault in the front end of the rb,eg, where it receives the data from the antenna,i am parcelling it up this weekend to send it back for service/ repair. Please see my  polar diagrams, the most recent one is rather truncated I think you will agree.
sincerely,davidh.

[img=http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2302/house005.jpg]

[img=http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6969/49288538.jpg]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 08:53:18 PM »
Hi David, I've found that range and reception is extremely weather dependent - high pressure and clear skies - very good range, misty, cloudy, rainy low pressure - range much diminished.    Anyone else find this?    I thought mine was going deaf, but then it started going berserk again - could it be routing is drastically altered by weather patterns?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

ukpbz

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Hi CoastGuardJon,

My problem is certainly not weather initiated> I was at an airfield reently with another user in the car next to me. I was seeing 12 aircraft, he was seeing numbers in the hundreds.

We had exactley the same kit.

Thanks