anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interesting Military Aircraft  (Read 878887 times)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
Re: Interesting Military Aircraft
« Reply #600 on: August 12, 2009, 08:13:06 AM »
08:05L - AE2924 MC-12W 08-0462 (332AEW) FL270 squawk 6151. Departed PIK this morning. No c/s recorded but probably BADLY03 which it used when arriving at PIK.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2009, 08:41:47 AM »
09:35L AE19D4 OA-10A Thunderbolt II 81-0977 FL231 squawk 6145

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #602 on: August 13, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »
09:35L AE19D4 OA-10A Thunderbolt II 81-0977 FL231 squawk 6145

There's a suggestion on the Kinetic forum that it's actually 81-0952, based at Spangdahlem with the 81st FS.  It came up on my box with c/s HAWG01, which would fit.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #603 on: August 13, 2009, 04:17:01 PM »

There's a suggestion on the Kinetic forum that it's actually 81-0952, based at Spangdahlem with the 81st FS.  It came up on my box with c/s HAWG01, which would fit.

Well, Dave airframes.org could be wrong. I just don't understand your last remark. Do you mean it came up on your RB as 81-0952?

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

DaveReid

« Reply #604 on: August 13, 2009, 05:18:17 PM »
Well, Dave airframes.org could be wrong. I just don't understand your last remark. Do you mean it came up on your RB as 81-0952?

No I only picked up the hex code (on my SBS rather than RB). 

I was simply referring to the fact that HAWG is an 81st FS callsign, whereas 81-0977 according to Scramble and Aerodata is/was based at Nellis with 57Wg/66WS.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Yachtie45

« Reply #605 on: August 13, 2009, 05:35:05 PM »
81-0952 seem to be correct for AE19D4,
once in a while they show up with their regs mentioned instd of  the usual callnames.
Thus AE19D4 came up with 81009520
as well as
AE19E1 e.g. showed 81009660 several times

Klaus

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #606 on: August 13, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »

No I only picked up the hex code (on my SBS rather than RB). 

I was simply referring to the fact that HAWG is an 81st FS callsign, whereas 81-0977 according to Scramble and Aerodata is/was based at Nellis with 57Wg/66WS.

You can't always go by callsigns Dave. e.g. there was a HAWG95 in the area yesterday too but it was an OC-135W :o)

Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

DaveReid

« Reply #607 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16:40 PM »
You can't always go by callsigns Dave

True, at least not without taking the hex code into account too :-)

Runway 31

« Reply #608 on: August 14, 2009, 09:05:42 AM »
French Air Force A340 081 callsign CTM1018 3B7781 just passed over Prestwick at FL390 heading south in direction of Manchester

ACW367

« Reply #609 on: August 15, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »
For a long time I have thought that this thread should be renamed 'any military aircraft' due to the routine nature of the reported aircraft from the RAF & USAF.  ;-) OK agreed the MC-12 transit was unusual

HOWEVER, At last a truly interesting Mil aircraft in the UK.  Just had 750156 A319 9M-NAA Callsign NR1.  Malysian Air Force flight departed Luton and went directly over my house with full ADS-B.  Shame about the 8/8ths cloud cover.

Tramline

« Reply #610 on: August 15, 2009, 03:08:36 PM »
For a long time I have thought that this thread should be renamed 'any military aircraft' due to the routine nature of the reported aircraft from the RAF & USAF.  ;-) OK agreed the MC-12 transit was unusual

HOWEVER, At last a truly interesting Mil aircraft in the UK.  Just had 750156 A319 9M-NAA Callsign NR1.  Malysian Air Force flight departed Luton and went directly over my house with full ADS-B.  Shame about the 8/8ths cloud cover.

Hi ACW, interest is relative isn't?.  What is 'routine or uninteresting' to you maybe interesting to others, that said 9M-NAA is different, I saw it come up on my box and never saw it either.  Ah well....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:11:22 PM by Tramline »
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

ACW367

« Reply #611 on: August 15, 2009, 03:56:26 PM »
Tramline et all.  This is my personal view and I know many of you will not agree with it. I just feel this topic is unwieldy in its current form.  In my opinion there are yahoo groups like reachhunters_int or Touchdown-news that are better suited for the reporting of UK, US and European Mil aircraft that are near their home country or on routine transits like the many GAF Challengers or Reach aircraft.  These groups are really useful and I use them regularly for the routine spotter type reports.

It is very hard with a topic that has got to 40 pages in under 4 months to find the gems.  I dip in and out and sometimes miss the unusal transits lost in a sea of UK based aircraft/Europe based aircraft.  Therefore I miss the prewarning that I could have had to target the aircraft with an alert etc when they arrives over my head. 

I would prefer this topic only to highlight unusual transits like US Army MC-12s routing to and from the Middle East, or foreign fighters/helicopters deployed on major exercises.  A Typhoon picked up over California on deployment is interesting, a Typhoon flying over the north of England is topic clutter that hides the good stuff.  Just my 2 penneth

Sorry if it offends.  I stand ready to be shot down in flames.

Tramline

« Reply #612 on: August 15, 2009, 05:16:19 PM »
Tramline et all.  This is my personal view and I know many of you will not agree with it. I just feel this topic is unwieldy in its current form.  In my opinion there are yahoo groups like reachhunters_int or Touchdown-news that are better suited for the reporting of UK, US and European Mil aircraft that are near their home country or on routine transits like the many GAF Challengers or Reach aircraft.  These groups are really useful and I use them regularly for the routine spotter type reports.

It is very hard with a topic that has got to 40 pages in under 4 months to find the gems.  I dip in and out and sometimes miss the unusal transits lost in a sea of UK based aircraft/Europe based aircraft.  Therefore I miss the prewarning that I could have had to target the aircraft with an alert etc when they arrives over my head. 

I would prefer this topic only to highlight unusual transits like US Army MC-12s routing to and from the Middle East, or foreign fighters/helicopters deployed on major exercises.  A Typhoon picked up over California on deployment is interesting, a Typhoon flying over the north of England is topic clutter that hides the good stuff.  Just my 2 penneth

Sorry if it offends.  I stand ready to be shot down in flames.

Well argued and I won't shoot you down.  It's all about opinions, perhaps we need 'Military Gems' and 'Military Aircraft' threads?  Again, its all down to opinions isn't?
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #613 on: August 15, 2009, 09:39:07 PM »
I seem to remember that CanonJohns40D started this topic off because some people who are not interested in mil ac were getting sniffy about them being reported on the 'Interesting Aircraft' topic.

I'm sure lots of our members have found it useful and as far as I'm concerned anyone should be able to post about any mil ac that they find interesting. Remember, some people live in areas that are rarely visited by mil ac and so find it exciting when one comes up on their box and wish to share the experience.

If you want to start a topic about 'military gems' then go ahead and do so, but don't complain if you find other members' idea of a military gem does not accord with yours.

As for prewarning of mil ac coming your way. ANRB is not much cop for that, for many reasons. For that you need PlanePlotter, preferably with multilateration.

Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

EK01

« Reply #614 on: August 17, 2009, 01:02:33 PM »
Hi guys,

Tracking south now having just passed overhead East Kilbride and transmitting ADSB is GAF179 a CL601 with c/n 3049 , registration 12+04 with mode S of 3FAAA2. He is currently flying over the border heading for Lakey.

Ian