anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Populating Untitled  (Read 27900 times)

kdt1

Populating Untitled
« on: April 09, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »
Ok guys what is the proper way to up date the database explorer
entries for untitled aircraft and get it to stay.

Some times it works and some times it does not. When I have to
edit the same aircraft 3 times or more it gets old.

Thanks

EGNXR

Re: Populating Untitled
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:08:11 PM »
Hi kdt1,

From my own expirence if it does not have a photo available do not edit it as it writes over it the next time you pick up the aircraft.
If it has a photo then the edit should stay in your database.

I am not 100% sure that it does a check for a newer photo as I have had to re edit a few. Short of turning off download photo in preferances and inputting manually (Big Pain! tried it soon got bored). I belive the photo download and populate are being seperated in the next version of software scheduled for shortly after the second coming;-)

HTH Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

kdt1

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »
Hi kdt1,

From my own expirence if it does not have a photo available do not edit it as it writes over it the next time you pick up the aircraft.
If it has a photo then the edit should stay in your database.

I am not 100% sure that it does a check for a newer photo as I have had to re edit a few. Short of turning off download photo in preferances and inputting manually (Big Pain! tried it soon got bored). I belive the photo download and populate are being seperated in the next version of software scheduled for shortly after the second coming;-)

HTH Cheers John

Thanks John

I have to give all you guys credit for putting up with
this crap for as long as you have. It just keeps getting better
and better. I hope the next release is soon.

Unbelievable!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:22:17 PM »
kdt1,

Firstly don't be rude. Let us explain:
The main Aircraft Database runs of the airliners photos and details and GAS details.

So you pick up an new aircraft:

- If its found in the online database it also looks up the aircraft image.
- If no details are found then no pic or very few details its likely no pic (hence no pic is marked in the database as way of saying recheck this aircraft detail as we have no details or limited last time)

If you don't want the database to recheck that aircraft and overwrite data then enter some text in LK field which will fool it thinking a picture is already there.

If you think it can be done in a better way we are happy to listen. No point in being rude and not putting forward your suggestion.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EGNXR

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 09:19:12 PM »

If you don't want the database to recheck that aircraft and overwrite data then enter some text in LK field which will fool it thinking a picture is already there.

If you think it can be done in a better way we are happy to listen.

Hints and tips like the above would be good in the help section or the pdf manual supplied. Might save folks a lot of fustration specially for the not so computer literate like myself. (A big factor in bying Radarbox for me). A lot of posts on the forum cover the same ground over and over.

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

kdt1

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 09:26:29 PM »
I don’t think I am being rude just honest. I have thousands of untitled aircraft
and I have accepted the fact I need to manually populate them my self, I should be finish in the year 2015. Ha I just need to know the drill.

If you have a fix for the next version, than great, can’t wait. I don’t
have a better way and rely on you guys to figure it out, I am
just the consumer here.

Support In all honesty would you not be frustrated?

ACW367

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 09:58:47 PM »
Kdt

by thousands of untitled, do you mean showing with full details including CN but showing, 'Untitled' in the AC field, this is because this field is populated from airliners.net and usually indicates a white tail airliner or bizjet, as this field shows what is input by those uploading the photo that is picked up from that site.

Or do you mean entries with the '...' in the AT field. This can be changed by just deleting the ... in database explorer and manually updating with the correct code from airframes.net/GAS.  If the code is relatively old, then once you delete the ..., the correct code will be picked up automatically by the airnet server next time you pick up the aircraft.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:00:25 PM by ACW367 »

kdt1

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
ACW367

Just the AC (untitled) for private and corporate, the rest of the data is right on.
I get far more Mode-S here than ADS-B, So to keep it some what interesting
I would like to see who it is in stead of always seeing untitled.

The airlines data is just about perfect. I do have to populate a lot of US airline AT
though.

Thanks

zombie1

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 02:18:23 AM »
ACW367

Just the AC (untitled) for private and corporate, the rest of the data is right on.

The airlines data is just about perfect. I do have to populate a lot of US airline AT
though.

Thanks

out of interest my airnav photos is 80mb whats yours.

kdt1

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 03:13:37 AM »

zombie1

84mb

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 05:49:24 AM »
193 mb = 22,004 files

zombie1

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 07:45:53 AM »
193 mb = 22,004 files
are you double or single photos,i am single

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »
Double photos.

ACW367

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »
ACW367

though.

Thanks

The AC issue you have is then beyond the control of Airnet.  As explained the 'Untitled' is the data you find with the photos on Airliners.net.  You will see for most corporate aircraft on airliners.net the people taking the photographs usually select the airline name to be 'untitled'.  A quick search of Airliners.net showed that around 197,000 show as having 'untitled' in the airline name field, as selected by the person that took the photo.

Therefore your issue is with Airliners.net and their photo uploading guidelines and not with Airnet who just take the data, as it has been input on airliners.net, through into your database.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:20:44 AM by ACW367 »

jgrloit

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 12:51:14 PM »

If you think it can be done in a better way we are happy to listen.

Hints and tips like the above would be good in the help section or the pdf manual supplied. Might save folks a lot of fustration specially for the not so computer literate like myself. (A big factor in bying Radarbox for me). A lot of posts on the forum cover the same ground over and over.

Cheers John

Tried the above - and the LK field was replaced - German Mil Aircraft, identified as French.
NO Photograph available!!!

Airnav - Could there be an option in a future version to NOT download include data from Photographs into the database on Updates - ONLY from Airframes type sources please - The Photographic source frequently confuses things!!!
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.