AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lancaster B1  (Read 11565 times)

pcochrane12

Re: Lancaster B1
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 01:24:28 PM »
you had time for food?the bars are open

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
Not after a night shift trying to get F4's serviceable for the morning. Even Scotland didn't have 24 hours opening in those days! :-(
15 Miles East of EGNJ

pcochrane12

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 03:59:55 PM »
can sypathise there the bucc was a right ####### sometimes my bro spent time on 43 and has a few tales to tell but cant be any worse than the shack spent 18mths on 8 sqn boy was that fun
cheers paul

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 04:13:23 PM »
When I arrived at Leuchars, there was a story going around about a Buccaneer that couldn't get it's gear down, landing at Leuchars wheels up after burning down to minimum fuel.  The pilot did an excellent job but the aircraft was damaged significantly during the recovery from the runway.  No idea when this happened, but it was pre November 1977.  Not entirely sure why it landed at Leuchars, although I seem to remember that as an MDA, we were listed as being able to lay a foam blanket for just such an emergency.

pcochrane12

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »
i read  about that when i arrived on 12 at lossie around the time your talking the buccs where honington based or over in "G"
your right about it being a mda lossietook over the scottish role in the 80s the next one down was newcastle that had the title of master european diversion airfield dad was the fire chief there and can tell a tale or two from there and his time in the raf