AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is the radarbox network live?  (Read 3347 times)

atcukmatty

Is the radarbox network live?
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:32:04 PM »
i was wondering the airnav radarbox network was live. is it true that there is a 5 minute delay?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Is the radarbox network live?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 04:34:33 PM »
There's a good FAQ about the network at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=673.0

And a video at http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/video/Network.wmv

Yes, the network is  5-minute delayed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:36:32 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »
i was wondering the airnav radarbox network was live. is it true that there is a 5 minute delay?

However, the aircraft picked up by the RadarBox antenna are live.  It's only other aircraft picked up by other RadarBox users that is delayed when you watch it on your screen.

atcukmatty

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »
so, if you are on the network and have your antenna plugged in as well. you will pick up what you antenna recieves live but anything outside this area there will be a 5 minute delay?

what if a plane comes into the antenna range from a network? does it skip forward to its live position?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »
so, if you are on the network and have your antenna plugged in as well. you will pick up what you antenna recieves live but anything outside this area there will be a 5 minute delay?

what if a plane comes into the antenna range from a network? does it skip forward to its live position?

Yes it does, although this isn't as noticeable as it might seem.  It did take me a little while to get my mind around this at first, but it does work well.  Much better than having no network at all :-)

atcukmatty

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 05:04:27 PM »
ooo i thought it would be noticeable as planes travel fast. anywho im currently waiting on my radar box to arrive should be this week :D and im already looking into the DPD antenna for it, cant seem to find a UK dealer though :(.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 05:35:02 PM »
Hi Matty replied to you on the other thread also but re the DPD to the best of my knowledge it is only available from the US. I found it pretty painless to order and then track the delivery, Dave at DPD productions is very helpful also. I got an ecternal UHF/VHF Airband aerial from them also. Hope this helps.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.