anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SBS-1 with Radarbox  (Read 8671 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
SBS-1 with Radarbox
« on: September 25, 2007, 12:58:43 PM »
So, I'm sitting here playing around with my SBS-1 with Basestation, SBSPopulate, and Planeplotter all running on my PC, and it occured to me that there might be an opportunity for AirNav to widen the market for Radarbox to existing SBS-1 owners.

Has AirNav looked into the possibility of getting an SBS-1 working with the Radarbox software?  If you could, that would open up a new market to sell the Radarbox software to (at a reasonable price), and also generate regular monthly subscriptions to the Radarbox network.  It would also help increase the number of users contributing to the Radarbox network.

I for one would seriously consider it.  Particularly given the empty promises we're getting from Kinetic on future development of the Basestation software.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: SBS-1 with Radarbox
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 10:10:33 PM »
Answer is simple: totally impossible and out of question. We consider our hardware better than the competition and want to promote it even more.

Expect great news in the next days. :-)
We see RadarBox software and hardware in the begining of a long life and you will lots of improvements in the next coming years.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:26:17 AM »
Answer is simple: totally impossible and out of question. We consider our hardware better than the competition and want to promote it even more.

And understandably, Airnav would rather sell a RadarBox+software than the software only.

What they SHOULD be thinking about is a "competitive upgrade" offer - for example, provide evidence that you own an SBS-1 (e.g. the original Kinetic install CD) and you qualify for a 50% discount on the RadarBox price. 

That kind of deal is very common in the software world - I for one would be extremely tempted, and it would certainly help Airnav to build more market share.

Dave Reid
Reading, Berkshire
www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:36:16 AM »
What they SHOULD be thinking about is a "competitive upgrade" offer - for example, provide evidence that you own an SBS-1 (e.g. the original Kinetic install CD) and you qualify for a 50% discount on the RadarBox price. 
Yes, I did doubt whether Airnav would want to just sell the software.  A competitive upgrade option would probably attract a lot of SBS-1 owners though, and help to rapidly grow the Radarbox network population.

AirNav Development state that "We consider our hardware better than the competition".  In what way is it "better".

Also, is their a list/map anywhere that shows where current RB owners are located to get some idea of what areas of the world are already covered by existing owners?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:52:11 AM by tarbat »

flightchecker

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 08:57:09 AM »
AirNav Development state that "We consider our hardware better than the competition".  In what way is it "better".

Also, is their a list/map anywhere that shows where current RB owners are located to get some idea of what areas of the world are already covered by existing owners?

Hello Tarbat,

you're not really expecting answers on those two questions, do you?

Regards
Karl

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:29:34 AM »
you're not really expecting answers on those two questions, do you?

Yes.  Both SBS-1 and Planeplotter have maps on the web that show where users are located, so why not Radarbox?

SBS-1 - http://sbs.jetvision.de/
Planeplotter - http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9543/WWWR/ships/sharelist.html?dir=PP&typ=hyb&siz=2&lat=20&lon=-90

HH

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
Would be very interesting to know where other RBs are sitting around. But it should be voluntary of course.

Markus

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 09:45:14 PM »
Hi Tarbat,

- In what way is it "better"?

Have a quick search through this forum, the question has been asked loads of times and there are answers to it :)

- Customer Map?

We have the data however it down to privacy at the moment. We don't want to have a map showing your location (whether derived or accurate) without any customers permission. We are able to answer questions such as how many there are on at the UK at the moment etc..
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]