anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: updating/ changing VORs NDBs  (Read 6540 times)

HH

updating/ changing VORs NDBs
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
I would like to alter/ delete some VORs/ NDBs that are not up to date. Where can I change this data?

Markus

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: updating/ changing VORs NDBs
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:16:05 PM »
I would like to alter/ delete some VORs/ NDBs that are not up to date. Where can I change this data?

Markus

Like Marcus I was wondering about updates. For example since Coltishall closed the name has changed of the VOR/TACN to EA1, and I would like to change it.  I was also wondering if the outlines could be split (airfields by major,minor, heleports) so that we can have a choice of what we use. With RB it is all or nothing so it gets very cluttered. The only way I can see to reduce it at present is to delete (or move) some of the files from the outlines folder but that is a bit hit and miss. I am using Bones outlines set but don't know how I can exclusively use them and switch off the original RB ones.  SBS1 allows a choice of what is seen, down to only showing the local airfields if so desired.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 01:08:35 AM »
In RadarBox you can select what is seen on the screen using the map menu. We are developing a feature that will download automatically updated NAVAID each AIRAC / 28 day cycle.

prbflight

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 02:54:38 AM »
Outstanding!

Keep up the great work AirNav Team!

Paul

HH

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 04:16:55 AM »
Thank you AirNav Dev.

Until you have developed the automated update, is there any chance to add/ delete/ rename Navaids manually?
I would also like to add other user points like compulsory reporting points, even if they are not used in IFR-traffic. Adding special points with outlines-files doesn't look that great on the map.

Regards,

Markus

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:53:25 PM »
In RadarBox you can select what is seen on the screen using the map menu. We are developing a feature that will download automatically updated NAVAID each AIRAC / 28 day cycle.

Thanks for that it really sounds good. I am aware of the on/off choices for VOR NDB etc but for airfields we have them all on or off. I am stuck with having places like Panshanger (light aviation) and Heathrow (Major airfield) I would like to keep the major airports showing but switch off all the light aviation, gliding and heliports. Is that possible for a future upgrade - it could avoid a lot of clutter. Alternatively, let us have access to each of the airfields profiles to enable switch on/off as required (as per SBS1).

Mike