anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Few Radar-Box Questions,  (Read 2685 times)

Johnn

• Y'ello
A Few Radar-Box Questions,
« on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:39 AM »
Hi There, I have just tested the RB on my friends laptop (XP) and works okay, but none of the flights are saying where they are going, and when I change to my desktop pc, most of them are broadcasting their destination.

Is it possible to put all the photos of the aircraft onto the laptop, so I get pics of the planes, as I will not have internet access outside.
Thanks
Johnn -

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: A Few Radar-Box Questions,
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:51:24 AM »
John,

The RadarBox database NavData.db3 comes already populated with a lot of routes, but when RB is connected to the internet NavData.db3 is slowly auto-populated with more up to date routes.  As you have done a new installation on your friends laptop, it will have the original version of NavData.db3 without the auto-populates.  This also applies to aircraft details that have been auto-populated too.

I suggest that you copy the NavData.db3 file from your RB installation and put this on your friends laptop.

Same goes for the aircraft pictures which are in the /Photo directory.  See the RadarBox Utilities website below for the directory structure.

http://radarbox.gofreeserve.com/html/downloads.html

Johnn

• Y'ello
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »
Thanks Allocator!, I am getting some route info now!
I just now copy and paste the Photo folder onto the laptop?
Thanks John
Johnn -

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
Yes, but bear in mind that there are thousands of small thumbnail pictures, so it takes a little while.  I copy the pictures to a USB memory stick to transfer them.  Same for the NavData.db3 file in the /Data directory.