AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with copying data to another PC  (Read 2981 times)

DennisHKG

Problem with copying data to another PC
« on: April 18, 2009, 03:31:33 PM »
Hi all,

My first post here. Have been running the box here in Hong Kong for 5 months or so.

I recently bought a small laptop PC for running the box at airports/for taking abroad etc... So tried to copy data/logs from the home PC to the laptop. Have followed instructions on copying the two db3 files from the Data folder across but the data is not the same as the home PC - still the old version from the original install download. Am I copying the right files?

One thing I have noticed is that the two files needed (Mylog.db3 and NavData.db3) on the home PC is showing last updated Dec 30 2008 all the time (but data shown on the screen is updated as it should be and does pick up and auto upate new aircraft etc). Have been running it every day since mid-Nov 2008. On the laptop, the same files are always showing last updated on the current date. Very strange...

I am running Windows Vista on the home PC and Windows XP on the laptop...

Any help or suggestions most welcome. Many thanks!

Dennis

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Problem with copying data to another PC
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »
Dennis, welcome to the forum!

Just to make sure that you are copying the files to the right place - which I'm sure you are - the directory structure for a standard XP installation is shown here:

http://radarbox.gofreeserve.com/html/downloads.html

You are correct that it is the NavData.db3 and MyLog.db3 that you need.  I can't think why the files copied from the home PC to the laptop are not the same.  Did you start with an earlier version of the RadarBox software, then upgrade/install Radarbox 2009 - if you did, the 2009 version installs into a completely new directory.  Is it possible that you are copying the files from the old installation, rather than the actual version that you are using?

DennisHKG

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »
Thanks very much for the quick reply.

I installed the latest 2009 software on both machines using the same installation/set-up file. No previous versions installed. Simply replaced the two files in the same location.

Just did a little test and on the home PC, I had a number of aircraft tracking with all details/photos/routings etc etc... showing. I then copied the two files across to the laptop, started it up and the same aircraft are showing only the Mode-S code and country flag. No other details at all...

Will have another go at copying the files and see what happens...

Dennis

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 03:51:13 PM by DennisHKG »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »
Also note that RadarBox Data files on Vista is at

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Data

Where xxx is the user you installed under. Unless you installed elsewhere.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »
Dennis,

Do you get prompted to overwrite the existing files on the laptop when you are copying them - how are you copying them, USB memory stick?

You could try renaming the files on the laptop, then you will be able to see if you are really copying the files across.

The file you are most interested in here, is the NavData.db3 file, as this is the "source" database for all the aircraft.  MyLog.db3 is just a record of what you have detected in the past, so it depends how much you need one database that has all the aircraft you have tracked.

You are restarting RB after you have copied the files to the laptop?

Ahh, just noticed that you are running Vista on the home PC - thanks Support, I missed that!