anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My flights. Whats your record ???  (Read 6153 times)

E14

My flights. Whats your record ???
« on: March 02, 2009, 06:07:48 PM »
Just got to 101 in My flights. With my new aerial and peak time for travel its really peaked today. It was showing 370 msgs/sec.

Whats your record?
1 mile west of EGLC (London city Airport)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: My flights. Whats your record ???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »
Before people start competing on this, we need to standardise timeout settings!

I suggest the defaults of 30 and 60 seconds.

Rod
Rod

E14

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »
Very good point and thats what my ones are.
1 mile west of EGLC (London city Airport)

Terry

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 06:38:14 PM »
Hi there Rod,
                     Just set the defaults to your recommended times,and at the moment i have 294 A/C with 540msgs/sec,but i have a fantastic view for about 270 degrees at my height of 450 ft asl,so i have a bit of an unfair advantage.

Regards Terry.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »
Well, my record is about 120 aircraft, but normally I get 60-70 (currently 60 during the winter evening rush hour).

Rod
Rod

Terry

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:22 PM »
Saturday and Sunday are my busy days with up to 400 A/C,but summer is the best,last summer (if you could call it that) i had almost 600 A/C on a sunday ,GlynH had more than me!But as its stated by many,LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION., thats the key to this hobby.

Terry

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 02:04:42 PM »
Hi again,
             Just an update on this topic,i`m receiving 433 A/C with 496 msgs/sec at this moment,it may peak higher as i get more A/C late afternoon?

llama1910

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 06:39:44 AM »
Hi Terry,

do you receive 433 A/C at the very same time or per day ? It makes me wonder, as the whole network traffic worldwide just shows some 800-900 A/C at the very same time ?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 07:35:27 AM »
do you receive 433 A/C at the very same time or per day ? It makes me wonder, as the whole network traffic worldwide just shows some 800-900 A/C at the very same time ?

Quite so.

I recall an extensive debate about this statistic when SBS first came out.  It's not just a question of standardising timeouts before making comparisons because I know that the way RB logging works is different.

A true, meaningful test, would be to monitor either of the socket outputs, or create a log, in either case from a very short session (say 5 minutes) and then simply count up the number of unique hex codes picked up.

I'm underneath some of the busiest airspace in the world with pretty good reception and typically I see around 150 aircraft received in a 5-minute period.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

GlynH

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »
I live in the same area as Terry but have not used my RB since last September.

After having my interest re-kindled I hooked it up in the early hours of Saturday morning and although not looking specifically for the number of aircraft the attached screenshot shows 313 aircraft in MyFlights while recording 608 Msgs/sec.

When I looked at MyLog on the Sunday I saw it had recorded 2509 aircraft that previous day and has now recorded 4992 aircraft between Saturday and 9:00am this morning.

My machine was down for a while while I replaced the PSU and carried out some other network maintenance...

Obviously not a scientific comparison but when using my RB for a couple of months last year I did at one time see 713 aircraft in MyFlights and recorded over 11,000 in MyLog...

Quick...get me an RMA...my box is going deaf! :-)

In my haste to connect my RB I did chuck an extension cable with a dubious connector up in the loft but nothing else has changed here reception-wise...

Terry...I feel a pre-amp coming on matey...;^)

I might have a go at collecting the data direct from one of the socket outputs and see what that gives...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

[attachment deleted by admin]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:29:14 AM »
That is probally a record GlynH. We know of one other customer who may be able to trump you.

Whats probally easier is how many aircraft are you seeing plotted on the map. If you click the Show ADS-B Only in the MyFlight List they will only be shown. These are also aircraft which you then share on the network.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Terry

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 04:23:19 PM »
Hello all,
             The number of A/C was correct,433 at one time in my flights.The number of A/C on the network was 952.That day i recorded 2,700.At this moment i am receiving 235 A/C in my flights and 813 A/C on the network with 569 msgs/sec (223).

Regards Terry.

P.S. Sorry Glyn,how ya doin?.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:24:53 PM by Terry »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 04:46:43 PM »
The number of A/C was correct,433 at one time in my flights.The number of A/C on the network was 952.That day i recorded 2,700.At this moment i am receiving 235 A/C in my flights and 813 A/C on the network with 569 msgs/sec(223).

I think the point that's being made (albeit badly) is that not every aircraft in My Flights will be showing the same "Changed" time (i.e. the time the last transmission was received from that particular aircraft).

So the number of aircraft displayed "at one time" will be a function of (amongst other things) the length of time that an aircraft stays in My Flights after RB has received the last signal from it, be that seconds, minutes or hours.

I remember in the bad old days before SBS had decent logging built in, we used to wait until we had a couple of thousand aircraft in the Aircraft List before downloading the list to a log.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour