anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Email Alert?  (Read 2066 times)

gzerovti

No Email Alert?
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »
I wonder if you could help please?

I have set up for an email alert whenever ANZ1 or ANZ2 comes into range.

I have gone through the procedure in the AirNav manual, all boxes are ticked but no email alert.

I did receive the alert box on the AirNav screen.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks

Terry
G0VTI - On the flight path to EGNM

GlynH

Re: No Email Alert?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 11:08:15 AM »
Well as no-one has replied I'll jump in here Terry.

It may be a firewall issue but chances are that it will be your ISP that is blocking the smtp request to the AirNav (and other 3rd party) servers.

This is done as a first line of defence to help prevent anauthorised spamming through your ISP servers - I am not saying that the AirNav email is spam but you could imagine what might happen if Mr. Spam from Spamville were able to send multiple emails through such a system unchecked...

With my old ISP (Pipex) I was able to send the screenshot & report emails with no issues whatsoever.

With my latest ISP (O2) I cannot send either email at all...

I would be interested in hearing whether there are any other O2 users out there who are able to send emails as that would blow my theory out of the water!

If we were able to configure the smtp details within the RB software this problem would vanish immediately.

Take a look at this earlier thread;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1175.0

We can only hope that AirNav incorporate the ability to configure SMTP details in the next version.

That would allow the email to be sent either by the authorised account holder through their ISP as is usual or alternatively allow us to enter the address of the ISP relay mail server (in the case of O2 that would be relay.o2broadband.co.uk for example) to route the email to the AirNav email server should the email have to be routed via AirNav.

You could for your own peace of mind maybe just try temporarily disabling your firewall whether it be the XP/Vista one and/or Norton/McAfee/Whatever and try to send the email again.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

gzerovti

Re: No Email Alert?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
Hi Glyn,

Thanks for your reply.

All is OK now. I think it was my firewall.

I regularly get alerts now for whatever I put in.

Thanks again

Terry
G0VTI - On the flight path to EGNM