anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: scanner interference  (Read 5094 times)

davjhedges

scanner interference
« on: March 09, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »
rb working fine,problem occurs when my pc is on,it is creating a lot of interference on my scanner when listening to the airband,despite moving pc base unit 8 feet from scanner.scanner is gre 295,when pc is off reception is fine .any suggestions please.thx.

Lou

Re: scanner interference
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:20:53 PM »
Hi you need an external aerial for the scanner, your computer is a box with millions of switches all going of at the same time so massive interference.I had the same problem until I got a decent outdoor aerial. Regards Lou

davjhedges

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:30:58 PM »
thx for that lou

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 11:18:57 PM »
Is your computer in a metal case or plastic?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

waddington1

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »
Hi are you using a CRT monitor, I get loads of problems with my scanner when I have my CRT on.  Most of the time I use a Laptop with no problems at all.

Stu

jgrloit

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 01:26:01 PM »
THere were a few, ex dealing room, metal cased monitors sold at radio rallies a couple of years ago.
I think they handled VGA, but you had to make up a cable.
Size was about 14 inch, but you could put them side by side and they did not create cross unit interference.
Very little RF output either.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

davjhedges

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
thx for all your replies,pc is in metal case,and i am using 2 lcd monitors for rb.since my post i have put the scanner in a small metal box wrapped in anti static bags and bubblewrap seems to have done the trick.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »
scanner in a small metal box wrapped in anti static bags and bubblewrap seems to have done the trick.

Amazing!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!