AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No E-mail Reports/Alerts - Port 25 Blocked By ISP  (Read 28532 times)

prbflight

Re: No E-mail Reports/Alerts - Port 25 Blocked By ISP
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 05:26:44 PM »
Deer prbflight

If You receive : "Could not connect to SMTP server to send auto-report"
When trying to send report, this does mean that Radarbox was not able to connect to mail.airnavsystems.com server.
This normally is due some antivirus or other kind os protecting software, not allowing RadarBox to open a connection to port 25.

So Your case is worst than ours... we can connect, send but we die at the beach.... You die just when falling in the wather.

Cheers

Hi juangelb

I have gone as far as un-installing my anit-virus (Norton) and that didn't work...same message.  I installed Win XP on a new computer - bare bones nothing but Win XP and RadarBox - still no joy.  I installed Radarbox on my wifes laptop...no joy.  I bypassed my router...no joy.  I installed Radarbox on my new laptop running Vista...no joy.  Always the same message  "Could not connect to the SMTP server to send auto-report".  Yet still, I have absolutely no problems, ever with any other application sending e-mail.  Not even "Acarsd" which is a free application but does have a config box.  I spent nearly $1000 for RadarBox and the e-mail feature has never worked.  Yes I'm frustrated.  I see on "the othe new forum" that the list of to-do's does not even include this fix in the top five or six items.  Yes I'm frustrated but the fact that I've been a loyal Airnav customer sinnce 2003 and own most of their products keeps a spark alive that I will be heard and it will be fixed.

Cheers

Paul@cyyb

Fenris

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 09:44:27 AM »
Airnav

Can you explain why the software must connect to your mail server please?

If it is a simple email format without requiring any processing at your end the simplest fix would be to allow the user to configure it to use their own smtp server, whether on their machine or at their ISP, together with allowing configuration of port number and use of SSL/TLS.

It is understandable that, particularly on connections with dynamic IP addresses, the ISP blocks port 25, or possibly transparently redirects it for anti-spam reasons.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 11:32:09 AM »
Quote from: juangelb link=topic=2330.msg19783#msg19783
For You to be able to send emails, you are using OUTGOING connectios !!!!!
And this obviously is not blocked !!!!!

Unless you are a customer of AOL, AT&T , BellSouth, CableOne, Charter , Comcast ATTBI, Cox, EarthLink, Flashnet, MSN, MediaOne, MindSpring, NetZero, People PC, Sprynet, Sympatico.ca, Verio, Verizon, etc, etc.

Don't you understand that ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

DaveReid

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 12:46:42 PM »
I suppose that You are a user of one of the list above.
If so, can You please post or email me the name of one SMTP server ?

No, I'm not a customer of any of those ISPs.

But you are still missing the point.  An AOL customer, for example, can connect to AOL's mail server on Port 25.  But they can't connect via AOL to anyone else's mail server (such as AirNav's).

See http://postmaster.aol.com/faq/port25faq.html
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Falcon

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 05:25:35 PM »
But.... what I can do if even showing all this to You, You do not believe in ?

Hello,

Based on your replies to this matter it is clear that you have some issues in accepting port 25 blocking by ISP's, and the way it affects the use of the Radarbox software. I ask you to please refrain from stretching and distorting the facts of this thread any further unless you have something truly worthwhile to add.

5- If RadarBox would let each user to select, for instance "Use outlook configuretion", or even let each user to configure whatever he wants...
I think that this problem will end .

Hold on a minute. I did find one thing that you said was close to a solution, in the quote you see directly above, but then you leave it and go on with more posts that once again proves little or no help.

Thank-you
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:53:36 PM by Falcon »

DaveReid

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »
But also the correct (to opposite side) it wold be more correct to say "ISPs only allow to connect to his servers at port 25, if connection is iniciated from inside his own networks" instead of "ISPs are blockin...... bla bla bla... bullshit"

You don't help your case by simply ignoring facts that don't fit your argument.

ISPs blocking Port 25 isn't rubbish - AOL is a good example of one who does it.

But don't take my word for it - take AOL's: http://postmaster.aol.com/faq/port25faq.html

"Members of America Online will not be able to connect to 3rd party mail servers using port 25."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:02:03 PM by AirNav Support »

Falcon

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »
I am so sorry if in some way I offended You or somene else.
I so, My apologises. Best regards. Juan

Hello Juan,

I believe you are trying to help, which I have stated before. I don't want to offend you but my patience got a little thin. You acknowledged a possible fix in point 5 in one of your last posts and then continued on which in my opinion based on the information that has already been provided by myself and others, totally unnecessary. AirNav has acknowledged this situation. There is enough information in this thread for individuals to conclude whether there port 25 is blocked and reading your posts just seems to have confused the issue on more than one occassion.

Regards,
Darryl

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »
Can we keep the language in check please as well, we have had to edit two posts.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mjleprix

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »
Reading this forum used to be a pleasure with no hint of unpleasantness only the desire to help a colleague in need of help or explanation . I know the world is going mad but lets all try to rise above it and conduct exchanges of information on our great hobby with some compassion ;always remembering that difficulties with other languages etc often lead to people not expressing themselves correctly or not grasping the explanations as quickly as may be desired. Come on guys, lighten up!

Falcon

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »
Come on guys, lighten up!

I thought it was light :-) No bad feelings here. I guess I should just find a few dozen more ways to get my point across. You know what they say, "patience is a virtue".
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:25:17 PM by Falcon »

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 10:48:48 PM »
Hi all

I never intended to do any kind of confusiom but it seems that I did it.
So I am so sorry, my apologyses.

Tu reduce the confusion, I judged better to delete my posts here.

Best Ragards - Juan Gelb - MCSE Systems Engenneer - Cisco CCNA - SCO ACE

GlynH

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 08:48:17 AM »
Hi all

I never intended to do any kind of confusiom but it seems that I did it.
So I am so sorry, my apologyses.

Tu reduce the confusion, I judged better to delete my posts here.

Best Ragards - Juan Gelb - MCSE Systems Engenneer - Cisco CCNA - SCO ACE

Well that's a shame Juan,

I have always found your posts interesting & informative so keep 'em coming...

I wondered why, when I read this thread I saw references to your posts being quoted but never a whole post from you...

When I changed from Pipex to O2 I found my email alert function stopped working.

On further investigation I found that my ISP does not block Port 25 per se but merely prevents UNAUTHORISED emails going through their gateway.

When you think about this it is obvious - it is there to prevent an unauthorised person sending what would amount to spam unchecked through the ISP.

Now if Airnav - instead of starting out as they usually do and say 'This only affects 1 out of 2000 users' (do you have any idea know how this makes us users feel about you and your product?) took the time to look a little further they would realise that by embedding a mini-SMTP server in their software that would nip the problem in the bud and allow us to send the email to wherever we wanted to.

I use many programs - WHS Add-Ins for example probably coded in a bedroom during school holidays that have no issue sending emails to anywhere due to the simple fact that allow the user to input username/password/server  and even Port number information so they authenticate and then send the AUTHORISED email.

See attached screenshot for a free WHS Add-In where the entire size of the installation package is only 59KB for example.

This also allows for configuring to send SMS text messages.

I could put you in touch with the Author if that would help?

Falcon...ISTR saying in a previous thread that I feel your pain about the freezing menu/window issues and here I am suffering the same issue again.

I would pm you but I am unable to access your profile...I also wanted to drop Juan a pm also about the UBox(es) he uses...:-(

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

Brian

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 08:56:15 AM »
Update: whoever runs across this topic again...

From AirNav Development on this topic.
"This is totally corrected and tested for V2.10. Just wait a few more days."
Topic: SMTP Blocked By ISP
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2706.0