AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New user quick help  (Read 10738 times)

darkskies74

• AOR 8000. Station EXTSHA196235
Re: New user quick help
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 03:55:32 PM »
You can have Live Flight Tracker run at the same time as RadarBox but they won't interact with other, the same goes for Suite.

RadarBox and its network will allow you perfect coverage of NW UK and many other places around the globe. As we don't have any RBs in the Atlantic :) your Live Flight Tracker will give you a view of the Atlantic.

We are considering requests about having some of the Live Flight Tracker data available to RB network customers in the future.

Thanks for that :o)
Just wondering are there any of the prgrams that will run together? Just want to know as much as poss b4 I buy.

Cheers
Was 32 NM SSW of YPPH.......where the sun shines.
Previously 31NM NNW of EGCC....where it didn't shine!
Now back near EGCC, Oh, how I miss the sun!!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 03:59:28 PM »
ACARS Decoder will interact with RadarBox. So you will know which aircraft you pick up by RadarBox are also sending ACARS messages and what they are in RadarBox 2009.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

colinhall

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »
One for you Rod,

I have had the box on for the last 4 hrs. As you know I live just east of Dover. I see a Monarch A321 go over here and by the colours it was a Monarch but the ANRB says flight no MON6948, EGKK to LOWI, but the photo shows a BA 319 reg no G-TTIB ???. How do you update the pictures please mate.

Colin.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
Hi Colin

Go to www.airliners.net and search for the aircraft - when you get the thumbnails, right click the one you want and choose Copy. Then open the Data/Photos folder in the Airnav folder and delete G-TTIB.jpg, then paste the file, and rename it to that.

To do a second one, delete G-TTIB,2.jpg and name the next file you past that.

Hope that helps - ask more questions if you need to!

Rod
Rod

darkskies74

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 05:07:24 PM »
Just one more question, lol....

Having live flight tracker is great, am going to buy RBox in a bit, but as I like looking at traffic over N.Atlantic, what are my best options?

Obviously RBox won't pick up N.Atlantic, but what should I get or keep to run along side it? From my house I can see widebodied N.Atlantic traffic as it heads N.West and over the border to Scotland, I know RBox will pick these up but I want to follow them beyond its range. Is it best to keep live flight tracker or get Air nav suite? And just how much does Air nav suite pick up? More or less than flight tracker?
Any thoughts appreciated :o)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 05:41:59 PM »
Suite will not pick up the those flights and show them.

The best setup for you is RB and Live Flight Tracker.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EGNXR

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 06:16:13 PM »
One for you Rod,

I have had the box on for the last 4 hrs. As you know I live just east of Dover. I see a Monarch A321 go over here and by the colours it was a Monarch but the ANRB says flight no MON6948, EGKK to LOWI, but the photo shows a BA 319 reg no G-TTIB ???. How do you update the pictures please mate.

Colin.
Hi Colin,

The other method is to go into Database explorer and update the Reg and remove the photo links then the next time its picked up it will update with the correct photo if one is available. If your a new user like me you will find quite a few out of date Regs in the database. Here is a few for Monarch.

G-MIDM now G-OZBO
G-TTIB now G-OZBP
G-TTIA now G-OZBS
G-TTIH now G-OZBT
G-TTII now G-OZBU

I Check for updated info on the following
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1
http://www.airframes.org/
http://www.libhomeradar.org/databasequery/index.php

Hope this helps
Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

darkskies74

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 09:33:03 PM »
Suite will not pick up the those flights and show them.

The best setup for you is RB and Live Flight Tracker.

Great, thanks.
RBox ordered, looking forward to getting it.
Hopefully will have good coverage here, 350ft above sea level!!! :o)

thetrees

• FreeBird Aviation Database
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 10:53:44 PM »

G-TOYM picks up as G-OHAJ
G-OZBS picks up as G-TTIA

Just for info I deleted these two and they have both autopopulated as G-OHAJ and G-TTIA again.
I also picked up TF-LLZ last evening, which was re-registered TF-LLY some time ago.
Laurence

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 07:41:32 AM »

Just for info I deleted these two and they have both autopopulated as G-OHAJ and G-TTIA again.
I also picked up TF-LLZ last evening, which was re-registered TF-LLY some time ago.

Laurence,

How did you delete these 2 aircraft?  Did you use Database Explorer or did you delete the aircraft in MyLog?

thetrees

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »

Laurence,

How did you delete these 2 aircraft?  Did you use Database Explorer or did you delete the aircraft in MyLog?

I deleted them from Database Explorer.
I have just done same again and closed the software. Upon reopening a search finds that the deletions were successful.
I don't think that either aircraft are around at the moment soi will report back when I pick them up tomorrow.
Laurence

thetrees

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »

Laurence,

I deleted them from Database Explorer.
I have just done same again and closed the software. Upon reopening a search finds that the deletions were successful.
I don't think that either aircraft are around at the moment soi will report back when I pick them up tomorrow.

I picked up G-TOYM on Friday and it did re-populate as G-OHAJ.

Another anomally picked up on Thursday was RAF E-3 43C3A5, which the db file tied up as ZH106. This particular code relates to ZH107, which was visually confirmed on this occasion.

Now the crunch. In my opinion the box and interface are superior to the competition, but the data is not. I appreciate that data cannot be 100% accurate (I have plenty of experience in that field!!), but for enthusiasts accuracy of data is crucial.
I'm not sure what the answer is, but the Gatwick Aviation Society do a pretty good job of producing a regular download for the competitor product. Surely Airnav could download this and create some comparison routine in order to maintain an up to date DB file for its users?
As a user I certainly wouldn't want the task of manually changing the DB file.
Laurence

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »
I'm not sure what the answer is, but the Gatwick Aviation Society do a pretty good job of producing a regular download for the competitor product. Surely Airnav could download this and create some comparison routine in order to maintain an up to date DB file for its users?

AFAIK, AirNav does use the Gatwick Aviation Society Database, so in theory what's in your RadarBox database should match GAS's.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

kdt1

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 09:45:39 PM »

in theory

Most of my Mode-s Untitled are on gas. I’ve giving up
this week on trying to put in the right data.

New version could be out next friday.