AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to update photo and data base without connection with Inet  (Read 3007 times)

wolf

Hi All,

Another newbe question - I have no connection with Inet at home (It is possible in my country when you live in countryside :-( ) I'd like to update photos and flight (routes especially) data. How to download the files ? I wolud like to do it at work and copy to proper folder at home.

Regards
Wolf, Poland

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: How to update photo and data base without connection with Inet
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:07:13 PM »
Wolf,

This is a big job!

- Go to www.airliners.net and find the aircraft you want the picture of by searching for the registration.

- Right click on one of the small thumbnail pictures of the aircraft, and save it as a jpg file using the callsign as a name, like this:

G-AAZZ.jpg

- If you want a second picture of the same aircraft, then it mist be named like this:

G-AAZZ,2.jpg

- When you get home, copy these photo files into the RadarBox Photo directory.  See the directory structure here:

http://radarbox.gofreeserve.com/html/downloads.html

Flight routes is too big a problem I think.

Hope this helps

Edit: link corrected - thanks Rod :-)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:03:07 PM by Allocator »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 09:01:03 PM »
Allocator means www.airliners.net.

Rod
Rod

wolf

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:47:30 PM »
Greetings to all,

Thank you Allocator for quick answer (once again). Unfortunately my problem turned out serious one :-(. I think there should be downloadable database files (as there is in AirnavSuite) for update route/planes data. Maybe it is worth considering by Airnav team ?
I have another idea instead. Maybe users of that forum could exchange data / photo files for AirnavBox. Frankly speaking, If somebody updating data files by Internet why not to share with somebody who can not do that?

Best regards,

Wolf, Poland