AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Loss of Range - Sorted  (Read 11957 times)

E14

Re: Loss of Range - Sorted
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »
hi guys, just to carry on the loss of range thread a little longer!!, sometimes i have no mes/sec at all showing, but when i touch the end of the antenna cable it suddenley boosts upto around 50-150 mes/sec! very strange and annoying. This is just with the standard antenna in leeds

cheers for any replys
Mark

When this happens do you loose the signal light? If you dont touch the aerial will the msgs come back eventually and how long does it take?
1 mile west of EGLC (London city Airport)

mdobuk21

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »
yeah loose the signal light, only get around four aircraft (depending on time of day) myflights only show around a quarter of what they should when i dont touch the antenna cable, as soon as touch the cable it shoots back up to over 30+ flights!

Fenris

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 12:15:53 AM »
yeah loose the signal light, only get around four aircraft (depending on time of day) myflights only show around a quarter of what they should when i dont touch the antenna cable, as soon as touch the cable it shoots back up to over 30+ flights!

Sounds like the center conductor of the cable is not contacting the pin in the SMA plug, or less likely that the connector on the RB is not making contact with the plug's centre pin.

If it's either then a warranty return should fix it.

mdobuk21

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »
Cheers that makes a lot of sense, do I send the box back to the shop I got it from or is there somewhere else to send it?