anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: flight tracking  (Read 2933 times)

les

flight tracking
« on: February 27, 2009, 04:57:44 PM »
Afternoon all

The boss flies home from slovakia later today, and it goes without saying i have to go pick her up. i have the flight no. and was wondering if i can set radarbox up to follow the flight from start to finish and record it using the recorder. i can't find it in the user manual.

thanks

les

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: flight tracking
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »
I'm afraid not - there's a hope that alerts will be able to start the recorder in the next version of RadarBox. Watch this space...

Rod
Rod

les

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »
Thanks Rod. It would certainly be a good addition from m,y point of view

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »
Afternoon all

The boss flies home from slovakia later today, and it goes without saying i have to go pick her up. i have the flight no. and was wondering if i can set radarbox up to follow the flight from start to finish and record it using the recorder. i can't find it in the user manual.

thanks

les

Les,

You could set RadarBox recording, but the recorded file only records live aircraft not Network aircraft, so it does depend where you are located relative to the route of the flight.  If you were sitting in front of RadarBox, then you could watch the flight and once you see it you can then have RadarBox follow it, but you can't do this if you are away from RB.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 09:02:27 AM »
Another option for tracking a single flight is to use airnavlive.  If you know the Flight ID, just goto http://www.airnavlive.com/anexg.php?id=xxxxxx
where xxxxxx is the Flight ID.

Or use http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightTracker/flightTracker.do which also uses the data from the Radarbox network.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:05:44 AM by tarbat »