AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A sugesstion  (Read 3448 times)

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
A sugesstion
« on: February 25, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »
On the SMF site it is possible to download a CHAT / SHOUTBOX mod for SMF forums.

The advantage of having this mod installed speaks for itself, I personally would be very gratefull to be able to talk to other members in realtime using the chat function.

Here is the link to the mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319

What do you think ??
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:15:39 PM by Hamish McTorsk »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: A sugesstion
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
We could add that, just a concern about moderation as a chat channel can't be moderated 24/7.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
We could add that, just a concern about moderation as a chat channel can't be moderated 24/7.

I do understand your concerns about moderation, maybe you could give moderator status to a few of the longstanding and trusted members, I run a few forums myself and try to have mods from different timezones, you cant be sure that there will always be a mod online but having them from different parts of the world reduces the risk of there being none online for hours on end.

Fenris

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 10:54:41 PM »
If people want an informal chat arrangement then just logging on to an IRC network like Freenode and then creating a channel like #radarbox would work, no moderation needed as it's not associated with Airnav.