anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ALERTS SYSTEM QUERY FROM NEW USER  (Read 2908 times)

DAFO1711

ALERTS SYSTEM QUERY FROM NEW USER
« on: February 24, 2009, 07:02:22 PM »
HI ALL,
MY NAME IS DAVE FORD AND I'M BRAND NEW TO THE AIRNAV FORUM (IT ARRIVED AT 10AM THIS MORNING)
EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OK BUT CAN I ASK YOU GUYS ONE QUERY RE ALERTS.

I SET ALERTS FOR A NUMBER OF AIRCRAFT TYPES B772, B738, A346 ETC AND ASKED FOR BOTH A SOUND TO PLAY AND AN EMAIL.
THE FIRST COUPLE SEEMED TO TRIGGER OK BUT AFTER THAT IT ONLY SEEMS TO WORK FOR ABOUT 1 IN 10 FLIGHTS - THE REST DONT TRIGGER AN ALTERT AT ALL??
LOADS OF THE AIRCRAFT TYPES ARE APPEARING IN MY FLIGHTS, BUT NO EMAILS ARE SENT.  (EMAIL ADDRESS IS RIGHT)
WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE CAN OFFER SOME ADVICE.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: ALERTS SYSTEM QUERY FROM NEW USER
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:45:49 PM »
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum - you don't need to SHOUT as we're not all deaf :-)

The alerts will only trigger when the aircraft first appears, so if you already have these aircraft types showing when you set the alert, they won't generate an alarm - but the next B772 will etc.

Have you got the "Activate Alerts for Network flights" ticked?  If not, you will only get alerts for the aircraft you pick up from your antenna.

Remember that you can use wild cards in the alert box - B77* will pick up all B777 types and the same for B73* and A34*.  I'm not sure why you need an email alert for all these - but generally, either the email alert works (almost everybody) or it doesn't work at all (a few people).

Regards

Allocator

DAFO1711

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »
Allocator,

Thanks for your reply - I'll give it a go but I think I have it set up OK
For info - the alerts will be useful to me during a spotting trip. I plan to leave the box at home running and set it up to advise me (via blackberry) of the flights that I am interested in into say EGLL or EGKK. Saves waiting for hours for a flight that isn't coming!!

Thanks for your prompt reply.

John Hargreaves

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:30:42 PM »
I now have this problem too. Had the box for almost one year now and as of Saturday the e-mail alerts have dried up to a trickle. Have got Emirates, Ryanair DY and EB series plus a host of others all set up, but the e-mails just aren't coming. Have even tried deleting and reloading - but still no joy. When firing up the box this evening watched 'sending alert by email' flash at least twelve times before the network flights appeared on screen. Looked in all email boxes and not one had been delivered.
Any ideas anybody?   

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »
Have you added any spam settings to your inbox, check your spam folder incase.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

John Hargreaves

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:00:51 PM »
Yes, nothing received to inbox or spam folder during this session whatsoever. :-(

John Hargreaves

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »
Problem now sorted. The Emails were being sent to my YAHOO address and they were being blocked as of Saturday. Created a googlemail address and now they are flooding in again!

John H.