AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help - here we go again....  (Read 2579 times)

bratters

Help - here we go again....
« on: February 24, 2009, 08:15:58 AM »
Can somebody please explain what's happening. Last night I switched everything off at the end of a very successful day with my RB -  up to 96 flight showing simultaneously, my highest ever figure - at ranges up to 200 miles.

This morning I switch on and the maximum number of flights on screen is 12 at a range of 80 miles. It should be 60 flights at this time of day.

It has happpened before with a previous box and the local dealer suggested that the aerial connection had been abused by placing undue stress on it, maybe a heavyweight cable etc etc. Whatever, the box was exchanged - fair enough.

But what is it this time?. Sandard RB aerial placed on window sill, nothing moving, no stress anywhere and the only problems noted previously were a spasmodic sudden shut down - failure of the USB link?

Anybody got any ideas please?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Help - here we go again....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37:07 AM »
Where are you located ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:41:30 AM »
Just east of Nottingham according to our users map.

bratters, what was the previous USB link problem?  Are you connected using the standard Airnav supplied USB lead?

BTW, today looks quiet up here as well, only 10 aircraft in the list.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:45:23 AM by tarbat »

bratters

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »
Been out all day so apologies for late replies. Thanks to both of you.

Dave - I'm between Newark and Nottingham.

Tarbat - have tried an extension but intermittent so reduced to absolute basics. ie supplied USB. Have also tried an alternatve aerial - same result.

Have just switched on again at 1650hrs and we have 16 flights max. distance 49 nm.  Normally 50-60 about now across to french/belgium coast.

I despair.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 05:02:21 PM »
Been out all day so apologies for late replies. Thanks to both of you.

Dave - I'm between Newark and Nottingham.

Tarbat - have tried an extension but intermittent so reduced to absolute basics. ie supplied USB. Have also tried an alternatve aerial - same result.

Have just switched on again at 1650hrs and we have 16 flights max. distance 49 nm.  Normally 50-60 about now across to french/belgium coast.

I despair.

It could be something as simple as one of the NATS Mode S radars being down - in which case you would still pick up ADS-B and TCAS aircraft on your box, but not aircraft without.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour