AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Post 2:  (Read 105119 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Post 2:
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 09:16:28 PM »
Please read the second post in this topic. Install the drivers and make sure the firmware is updated and everything should run without any problems.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Didimon

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 09:24:37 PM »
Ok, I will try that tomorrow....

Maybe it's a nice idea to make a complete new install file with all the firmware and beta patches including drivers instead of all these extra steps?

I'm experiencing a lot of problems myself (as you can see) and a lot of our members (ATCBOX) come to me with all the same questions like I post here..... it's a bit too complicated at the moment I think....

A product with such a price should come along with some nice and working software don't you think? Not everybody is capable of playing with drivers and stuff like this....

No offense......

Thanks again!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 09:31:23 PM »
Didimon,

This version is a beta which is explained in the first posts. They are designed to be test versions to confirm everything is working.

The full release will appear later with the full installation.
[email protected]

montimax

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 03:44:50 PM »
Hi,
just to give some feedback for ANRB1.2 beta.
Using a 1.73Ghz/768MB Compaq laptop running WinXP.

I downloaded patch 2 because even with patch 1 i had some crashes (blue screen).
Then:
  • After unzipping files in right places i have attempted to update drivers following suggested procedure (update drivers in hardware manager), but respone was "not possible to find a better driver". So i run FTCLEAN (specifying PID BB80) and then unplugging / plugging usb, and the "find new hardware..." procedure was OK: now in device manager i have driver v2.2.4.0
  • Then i have run FirmwareUpdater.exe (08/09/2007) for several minutes, and  there is not any evident message of successful update, other than "Version 1.01.0" and "Updating version 1.01.2" messages. Till now i don't know if update was successful
  • Then i have run ANRB.exe (v1.2), hardware runs well and the first impression was good with vertical trk view, but also in my case program have shutdown after about 30 secs, having "Share Flight Data" checked and Screen Refresh Rate 3000. Running again and unchecking "Share Flight Data" now is OK.

ANRB v1.2 up to now (some hours running) seems to have solved crash problems, and i have experienced that:
  • My laptop is slow (screen refresh rate 3000). ANRB seems to use average of 45% CPU resources, with some peaks near to 100%. Still difficult to smoothly use ANRB menus, etc due to short "frozen" periods sometime (anyway better than previous versions)
  • It seems that ANRB can retrieve from internet metar/taf data and RB network data but not plane photos.
  • As already noted, Share Flight Data setting is not retained when closing ANRB. I experienced that also Map Colors are not retained (i changed track colours for example)
  • The vertical track view is sometime "flickering", expecially when i move the mouse, but this is not a problem; also the trk view width is not increasing when increasing radar view width over a certain size.
  • The frame containing photos / plane info has not an horizontal scroll bar and so the info is truncated when reducing frame size, expecially with two photos.

The following is a wish list:
  • The possibility to reduce or increase vertical track view size aganist radar view size could be useful.
  • Should be better if in radar view when a plane is hidden (due to flight timeout), then also its trail should be hidden even if "seconds to remove trail lines" time is greater than flight timeout, this for not leaving trails "alone", that might generate confusion
  • Would be great if flights could be plotted on GoogleEarth (maybe only real-time hw flights, or flights within a radius if including network flights)

That's all from my side...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
Nice report montimax!

I've found that if you have no internet connection, "Share Flight Data" causes RB to shut down after 30 seconds.  However, with an internet connection, RB works fine.  The photo download is disabled on this version of the beta.

Didimon

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 09:21:26 PM »
Hi,

I managed to install the new driver (version 2.2.4.0 according the device manager), ANRB12.

As montimax, I can't tell if the firmware update was succesfull, no evidence present.

With the 'share' option on, RB shuts down within a few minutes (and I do have an internet connection without failures)

Share option is now disables to see what happens.... by tomorrow morning you will know..

Strange thing is that the download photo option is still working with me??????

If things won't work again, I'd like to start all over with a clean install..... is it possible to hand out a manual or instructions how to proceed on a clean system? And how to clean the system? FTclean is an option but it didn't work quite well for me, still the driver version 2.0.0.0 was present in the 'choose hardware' list.

Do you have any idea how long before an official patch (instead of beta) will be released?

Thanks for your time and answers......

Regards: Daan

ps. it's running for 5 minutes now, seems to me like a new record! ;-)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »
Photo download has been disabled in this beta as it was causing a few issues.

The full version, will be able to confirm whether the firmware is installed. If you are running ANRB version 1.2 then the firmware should have been updated.

We don't have a date yet for the offical patch. We are still waiting for the beta tester feedback. So far everyone who has installed the patch fully as had any serious issues to report on.
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »

Strange thing is that the download photo option is still working with me??????

Daan,

Are you sure that you are actually using the Beta12 ANRB.exe file?  If you a still downloading pictures - not just getting the message at the bottom right to say photos are being processed - then you are not using Beta12.

Didimon

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 05:43:12 AM »
Goodmorning,

Well the RB shut down agian during the night.....

Running ANRB.exe, 1,780Kb 9/8/2007 2:32AM

Going to ABOUT in the program gives ANRB12 with the same date and time.

I also see the vertical screen now, that's only in 1.2 isn't it?

You tell me?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 05:44:47 AM by Didimon »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 02:00:54 PM »
Didimon,

Can you go through the troubleshooting steps in the post 2 of this topic and then post the reply to that. If you are experiencing problems it likely its not upgraded.
[email protected]

Pallmall68

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 12:14:38 AM »
Hi. my radarbox run well with the patch 2. I have just a problem. when I am in full screen, the part of the screen which indicates the vertical position does not take all the width of the chart. why? (see screenshot). my resolution is 1920 x 1200.

Thanks

Joel

[attachment deleted by admin]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 11:25:54 AM »
Hi Pallmall68,

Thanks we will note that and see what we can do. That really is a large screen so we hadn't tested it on that size.
[email protected]

montimax

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 06:56:49 AM »
Thank you Airnav and Allocator for replies.
I am running ANRB12 (got from "About"), so i think firmware upgrade was successful.

I confirm that ANRB shuts down if share flights enabled and no internet connection, but i made a try in my office using a proxy server and ANRB shuts down even if connected (i can get weather data for example), anyway unchecking share flight the problem disappear.

I am near an airfield so i can follow planes even down to ground, and i experienced that when touching down (and after) the plane indications on radar view are not correct: heading is no longer correctly lined up with the field, and speed/altitude are no longer updated (they remain the same as in the moment before touch down, even if plane position is changing).
Also when taking off the heading is wrong and there is no speed/height indication while the plane is running on the ground, and indications turn ok ony when height > 0 feet.

Allocator

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 09:06:42 AM »
I am near an airfield so i can follow planes even down to ground, and i experienced that when touching down (and after) the plane indications on radar view are not correct: heading is no longer correctly lined up with the field, and speed/altitude are no longer updated (they remain the same as in the moment before touch down, even if plane position is changing).
Also when taking off the heading is wrong and there is no speed/height indication while the plane is running on the ground, and indications turn ok ony when height > 0 feet.

Montimax,

I think that there are 2 issues here.

- I believe that the way that the ADS-B Mode S box in the aircraft works is that it is switched off when the aircraft touches down (Weight on Wheels switch) so you will loose the data when the aircraft lands.  Depending on your Timeout and Hide settings, the aircraft will keep showing on your map screen untill it meets these settings.

- Also, there is a bug with the RB network data processing which does not Timeout and Hide the aircraft on the map screen even when the aircraft stops sending data.  Even though the latest version of the Beta12 software has separate Timout and Hide settings for Network data, these don't seem to be working at the moment.  An earlier Beta I tried had these working and it really got rid of the "dead" Network data.  If you look at an airfield away from your location using Network data, you will see aircraft "hovering" in the last position that they were last received.

Brisbane

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
Hi allocator, back from my long weekend jaunt. I've been fiddling around and got the same file dates and values as you. When I go to do the driver update, get as far as USB <> Serial stage. Click on the Have Disk, then Drivers folder, then says The specified location does not contain information about your hardware.