anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Post 2:  (Read 105126 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Post 2:
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »
Development Post from the weekend (please also read the further posts for important notes):

Good News.

The second beta for "AirNav RadarBox 2007" patch is available for download.
This addresses all the reports received from Patch 1 Beta 1 testers. You don't need to have the previously patch installed. We have named this version ANRB 1.2.

Detailed explanation:
In this correction we were specially concerned with the hardware disconnect issue. This involved the development of new drivers for the HW/SW connection and a complete rewrite of the HW/SW communication routines. We also worked on several new features like the new "Vertical Tracking View".

As before we now need your help for feedback and problem reporting / correction.

It is very important that you follow the instructions below. This beta should be used by experienced computer users only. It requires a little bit of knowledge to understand some steps. So if you are NOT a computer "expert" wait a few more days for the final release. You are completely responsible for properly do the steps below including the firmware upgrade. The upgrade steps are not automated now.

1- Download Instructions:

a) Download the new Beta Patch from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/anrbpatch12.zip

b) Extract all these files to your RadarBox root folder (usually "c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007"). Overwrite the existing files.

c) First you need to do the driver update. These new drivers were developed by an external company and have some changes that prevent the Hardware disconnect issues.
They are located in "C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007"
To update them:
 - Go to "Windows Control Panel", "System", "Hardware", "Device Manager";
 - Browse "Universal Serial Bus Controllers";
 - Double Click over "AirNav RadarBox";
 - Go to the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver";
 - Answer "No, not this time";
 - Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)"
 - Select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install";
 - Click "Have Disk";
 - Select the "C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007\Drivers" folder;
 - Click Next and follow the specified instructions.

d) Now you need to update your firmware. We have developed a special application for this purpose. It is called "AirNav RadarBox Firmware Updater".
Run it at:
"C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007\FirmwareUpdater.exe"

do NOT attempt to update the RadarBox firmware if you have not installed the latest driver.

e) After the driver and firmware updates above are finished, run AirNav RadarBox as usually.

Welcome to Version 1.2!

Please reply to this forum with comments and suggestions and again.
THIS IS STILL A BETA, so expect to find some problems. We want to hear from you before releasing the final Patch.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 04:06:26 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Important Please Read:
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 04:03:53 PM »
Trouble Shooting

Driver Issues:
If you can't install the driver, as you get messages such as "file not found" under Vista or a 64bit machine. Then download our full drivers from:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/ANRBDrivers204.zip

Extraction Problems
- When the Beta12 patch is downloaded, it is a zip file.

- If files are unzipped using the directory paths that come with the zip, they are put in a /ARNBPatch12 and /ARNBPatch12/Drivers directory

- You then need to copy the flies manually to the appropriate locations in the AirNav RadarBox 2007 directory structure

- The 4 files in the /ANRB/ directory need copying to the /AirNav RadarBox 2007 directory

ANRB.exe
FirmwareUpdater.exe
ftd2xx.dll
rb.dll

- The 7 files in the /ARNBPatch12/Drivers directory need copying to the /AirNav RadarBox 2007/Drivers directory

ftbusui.dll
ftd2xx.dll
ftd2.h
ftd2xx.lib
ftdibus.inf
ftdibus.sys
ftlang.dll

- Once you've done this, it's the new inf file in the /AirNav RadarBox 2007/Drivers directory that you browse to when installing the new RB drivers.

Patch does not work

If the patch is not working for you then please post in this topic and answer the following questions:

1.) What Driver version are you using?
(This can be obtained by going into control panel -> system - hardware - device manager - usb devices - (right click on RadarBox then driver version) )

2.) Version of RadarBox 2007 you are running?
(Open RadarBox 2007, go to help then about)

3.) Confirm you have run Firmware update in the RadarBox 2007 fodler and confirm you have the same files as listed above in the earlier troubleshooting method.

RadarBox appears as USB to Serial Device in Device Manager

Contact support via our website. It is likely your hardware is corrupted and hence we will need to arrange  a RTB.

Thanks to customers in the last post for helpfull suggestions and troubleshooting routines.
[email protected]

Brisbane

Re: Patch 2 issue (DaveG)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 09:53:36 PM »
Hi allocator, my files are now the same as yours except FTD2xx.dll which is dated 8/9/2007 Version 3.1.14.2 197KB.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Version 1.2 (Patch Beta 2) Post 2:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »
Hi allocator, my files are now the same as yours except FTD2xx.dll which is dated 8/9/2007 Version 3.1.14.2 197KB.

Not really sure where you got that file from Brisbane, I've just downladed the AirNav zip file again from this forum and this is what I see.  However, when unzipped this does show as Version 3.1.14.2 197KB although I'm not sure why your date is different.

How far have you got with updating the RadarBox driver?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:09:59 PM by Allocator »

Brisbane

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 10:29:09 PM »
Hopefully i've got the Radarbox drivers installed correctly, I deleted the old one's before extracting the new one's. Still freezes when I try to open exe. When I try to do the driver update, I get to the Have Disk stage then it says " unable to find drivers for this device".

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 10:34:03 PM »
Hopefully i've got the Radarbox drivers installed correctly, I deleted the old one's before extracting the new one's. Still freezes when I try to open exe. When I try to do the driver update, I get to the Have Disk stage then it says " unable to find drivers for this device".

Brisbane, I guess that you mean that you have copied the driver files correctly, but you have not been able to install the driver update.  I'm not sure that it was a good idea to delete the old driver files, as you might have removed something that you need!

When you go to My Computer - Properties - Harware - Device Manager, can you see AirNav RadarBox in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section?

When you use Have Disk, are you then browsing to the \AirNav Radarbox 2007\Drivers directory where you have copied the ftdibus.inf and ftdibus.sys and the other 5 driver files to?

These are the files that I have in my AirNav RadarBox 2007 directory (but note that I am using a different ANRB.exe file so the size may be different to yours:

And these are the files in the \Drivers directory:

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:51:46 PM by Allocator »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 10:47:12 PM »

If you can't install the driver, as you get messages such as "file not found" under Vista or a 64bit machine. Then download our full drivers from:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/ANRBDrivers204.zip
[email protected]

Brisbane

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 11:13:06 PM »
I'll have to leave things for now, be away till Sunday, so will pick up from there, thanks.

Didimon

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »
Hi,

I installed the patch without problems, started the program and version 1.2 active..... alive but not for long.. :(

A few hours and than the program stops and is terminated without notice..... back to the desktop again.

I have to start the software again to get it running for a few hours again.

It's not a driver problem anymore as far as I can see it, the radarbox keeps connected until the automatic shutdown of the program.

It's running on a clean (IBM) laptop (xp) which is not used for anything else.... also no human interferance, program started and not playing with it...

Any ideas, suggestions?

Regards: Daan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 08:31:45 PM »
Go into File -> Preferences and rude the screen refresh rate to 3000. Apply the settings.

Our guess is that your computer was unable to cope with the traffic at the stage and shutdown. The screen refresh rate should not make a much a difference to yourself but will save on CPU time.
[email protected]

Didimon

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 08:37:25 PM »
Sorry, 3000 was set already.....

network disconnected (I like LIVE instead of 5 mins delay) so there's not that much traffic.....

Other suggestions?

Regards and thanks for your time:

Daan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 08:53:44 PM »
What is your computer specs?

Did anything else occur in that time, such a windows update or something?

Lastly, are you connected to the Internet on that machine. If not can you disable sharing in the preferences
[email protected]

Didimon

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »
Hi,

It's an IBM T30

platform XP pro 2002 service pack 2
Mobile Intel Pentium 4 M CPU 2.00 Ghz 256MB ram

No updates or something, clean running with only the Airnav software (1.2)

The machine is connected to the internet and now I disabled the sharing in the preferences.... let's see if that helpes...

Regards: Daan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »
Your computer should be perfect to run it without any problems. After the intial changing of screen refresh rates we have not had a single support issue. Keep it running and tell us whether it replicates.

However confirm to us your driver version?
[email protected]

Didimon

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 09:13:14 PM »
driver version 2.0.0.0 according the device manager...

that's another thing, with your setup advise (above) I could not install a newer driver?? Selecting the specific folder gave no possibility to install another one..... maybe that's an issue here?